Chapter 13

~¥~ 100 years later

My daughter grew up without a father.

Her name is Elizabeth. She looks just like me except for her eyes and wings. Her eyes are a gorgeous brown, and her wings are grey.

On the left wing, you have a black outline. On the right, you have a white outline. Just like her parents. She is absolutely a mini-me. I call her Liza as a nickname. We're both immortal so that's good.

I've mastered the powers of darkness so I can summon animals now. I have an immortal raven as a companion. When ever I summon my wolf, all I can think of is the look he gave me as I fell to the ground.

Liza has some gifts of her own. She looks like me, but her attitude is more like his. However, her "animals" are made if light gray smoke. Her main three is a silver doe, a tiger, and a fox. Don't ask me were she got the ability smoke from because I have no clue.

One day, I was walking from the market, in a new town of course, and saw people shouting above them. I look up and see that James is up there carrying a woman his age. Anger courses through my body when he suddenly hovers in mid-air to kiss her.

I swirl my finger a little and see my shadow wolf, panther, and bear emerge from the shadows and jump into the air, running in the sky to get James. They can float so it's easy for them.

I take cover in the tree line and take off my cloak. My wings spread out, stretching to their full length. I climb to the top of the tree and take off in the air, siding next to the shadows.

Did I forget to say that I can talk to people in their minds? I discovered it a few years back. I break down his mental barrier and start talking to him.

Why James? I plead through the link. Our child grew up without a father. Is that what you wanted to happen? To have your daughter never held by her father?! I screeched in his head. He stopped suddenly. He turned to see me in mid-air.

"It was a girl?" He whispered. I nodded glaring at the girl. I was still in his mind so I could hear his thoughts. "Oh no. If she finds out Lauren is pregnant she'll be furious!"

"And your right." I said out loud, not doubting that my eyes were turning to their menacing silver. My wolf snarled and pre-lunged. The girl screamed, and I grinned.

"I assume the girl in your arms is Lauren?" I watch James gulp and look at Lauren with love and happiness. My heart shattered in to a million pieces. It heart some much I gasped slightly.

James looked up with a look of guilt and fear. The guilt filled me with rage.

"I hate you" I thought to him. I know. He looked away and said out loud, "Are you going to kill Lauren?" I shook my head. Relief flooded on his face as well as Lauren's.

For the first time, James looked away from my eyes and to my stomach. What's her name? He thought. "Elizabeth" I replied. "She's perfect" It was clear there was pride on my face by now.

Then Lauren spoke up. "What's your name?" She asked in a fearful tone.

"You don't have to be afraid." I said smiling gently. "Loralli. Is Lauren your real name?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Well I have to go. Goodbye Lauren, good bye Dickface." I said. I turned around and saw my shadows. I nodded my head and they bolted towards the crowd below us. I turned and fled to home, away from the chaos below me.