Chapter 14

Emily was running around the house when I got home. She looked to be the age 10. I guess every 10 years is 1 year for us. I haven't grown or changed since I got my wings though. I think she's a pure angel but I don't know for sure.

As I watch my daughter chase a small butterfly, I hear a whoosh and look up. A figure with wings swoops down.

"Elizabeth." She knows this is serious, I almost never call her Elizabeth. She runs to my waiting arms and I pick her up. We are both wearing cloaks so they should hide our wings. The figure swoops down and I see that his is an angel like us.

He has warm brown hair and caramel wings with flecks of white.

"Who are you?" I demand, clutching my daughter.

"Gabe." He replies.

"Why are you here?" I ask with curiosity, I never saw any other angel besides James and us.

"You caught my eye, young human." He says, raising an eyebrow. I chuckle, letting my wings rip holes in my cloak and spread out to their full length.

He's surprised I can tell, but for some reason I know that I'm not the first he's seen.

"Like death." He mutters, taking in my image. I clutch Liz even closer when I see lust in his eyes. Then he notices Liz. He smiles a heart stopping smile.

"What's your name little one?" He asks with a look that makes my heart warm.

I watch as Liz gets out of my clutch and run to Gabe and hug him. I relaxed instead of tensing which surprised me. I never let anyone touch her. She was mine.

He bent down and picked her up. "Where did you get your wings?" She asked, her eyes filled of curiosity. I watched as Gabe draped his wing next to her and smiled. My heart stopped.

"I was walking in this field in my village, when I started to hear a voice. The voice was kind, and I followed it. I blacked out and woke up to have this pair of wings on my back." He said, cocooning Liz in his wings.

"Do you have wings?" He asked, carefully looking her over. She nodded, then took of her cloak to reveal her wings. He stared at them with true amazement.

"Their beautiful Liz." He said smiling.

I looked up in the sky to see the sun was about to set. "Liz, it's getting dark. We better head inside." I said. She grabbed her cloak and ran towards me. I smiled and picked her up.

"You can come along if you want." I said to Gabe. He smiled and walked in the door, shutting it behind us. I put Liz to bed, then made Gabe and myself some tea.

"So whats your story?" Gabe asked, sitting in a chair. "Same as yours. Only, I didn't know what I was doing when I heard the voice." I explained.

He nodded. "Is Liz pure?" Gabe asked. "I think so. Its weird because her father changed after I was pregnant, but she has the white in her wings like that asshole."

He nodded, then said "What's your animal power?" I closed my eyes, summoning my shadow wolf. It walked towards Gabe with a growl. Gabe looked alarmed and tensed. I chuckled, and the wolf disappeared.

"Whats yours?" I asked, summoning my pet raven.

"I don't have one, but I have other gifts." He replied. I wanted to ask him what, but I didn't push it. "Of you are spending the night, I have a spare room for you to sleep in. Its at the back of the house." I said, nodding towards it.

"Sure." He replied, and brushed past me, tingles shot through my body.

Soul mate.