Chapter 15

"Soul mate." I whispered, staring in Gabe's eyes. He slammed his lips into mine, and pushed me into the wall.

My wings were flapping wildly at him, whether to push him away or bring him closer, I don't know. Tingles kept shooting through my body.

I pulled away, gasping. He didn't stop there though. He trailed kisses down my neck and I groaned.

"Damn it Gabe!" I said. He stopped and looked at my eyes.

"Too fast?" He asked, searching my face. I nodded, then hugged him. I felt safe in his arms, I never felt safe like this.

I snuggled in his arms, then felt myself being picked up. He gently placed me in a bed and sat next to me. I snuggled up next to him and fell into a deep sleep.

~¥~ dreaming

"Run!" Someone screamed. I was panting, and my chest was burning. I was running as hard as I could, tripping on roots from the trees. I heard a scream and a gurgle.

"Help her!" Gabe screamed. I prepared myself to jump but I couldn't. I looked back and saw that my wings were dissolving in a wind of feathers. Eventually, the wings were gone and the feathers formed James. He had a dark red suit. But when I looked closer, I realized that the suit was soaked in blood.

"Your too late." He said smiling a wicked smile. Then bloody hole suddenly appeared on his forehead. He fell to the ground, and his wings turned blood red.

An evil chuckle sounded next to me. I turned to see Lauren holding a knife to Liz's throat.

"NOOO!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. But Lauren slit her throat anyway. Instead if blood, smoke poured out. I backed away.

"In the land of smoke and glass." Lauren said, then stabbed herself in her heart.

I turned around and saw Gabe there. "I reject you as my soul mate." He said, tears welling up in his eyes. Then he turned around and flew off. I wanted to fly after him, but I didn't have my wings.

"Loralli." I turned to see a girl, maybe 16, standing in front of Laurens body. She was wearing a white flowing dress with a white rose wreath on her head.

"Who are you??" I demanded. Watching her hand, which was on the hilt of a sword.

"Jasmine." She said. "You need to leave before they catch you. And they will kill you." And with that, I fell to the ground, and watched a black feather fall with me.

~¥~

I woke up screaming as hard as I could and sobbing.

"NOOOOOO!!!" I screamed. I felt pressure against my back as I clutched the quilt as hard as I could.
Liz came running in the room. She rushed to me and hugged me. Gabe's wings draped over all of us.

"Shhhhh..." He whispered, trying to calm me down. I eventually did calm down, but not after soaking his shirt. I was silent after a while, but only because I lost my voice. I clutched Liz so hard, I thought I was hurting her. I lessened my grip, and eventually calmed myself enough to speak.

"Who's Jasmine?" I asked Gabe, looking at his face. His face turned to a hardened mask of hatred.

"My dead sister."