Chapter 9

"Start talking James. What happened last night?" I demanded, staring him down.

He chuckled. "I'm not surprised that you don't remember what happened. You were pretty drunk."

"Yeah well..." I paused before saying "Sometimes a person does that because they don't want to feel any more pain and guilt. Did you think about that?"

"I don't think you have any thing to worry about here. There's a spare bedroom in my house. Where do you live?"

I said nothing, only shaking my head.

"What do you have to salvage?"

I shrugged my shoulders, not in the mood to talk anymore.

"You should move here. There's plenty of space and I need some help around here."

I look up, dumbfounded by what he just said. Me? Did he really just say that? This could be a bad idea...

"Fine."

~¥~ a few days later

Life just improved.

I don't know why, but when I'm with James, I'm happier them I have been in a long time. Of course, I do feel a little bit guilty, after putting him in prison.

But overall, I'm happy.

I was walking to James's from the local market when I heard it.

A voice, male as far as I could tell.

The voice was gentle and kind. It wanted me to follow it. Without realizing what I was doing, I was walkinf towards the voice.

It led me off the manor, in to the woods, and into unfamiliar territory.

Up ahead, I saw a figure.

Loralli...

I blacked out.

~¥~

I woke up with an incredible pain in my back. I didn't want to move. I needed to go home though.

I gathered enough strength to stand up wobbly, and turned to survey my surroundings.

I was shocked to see what was on my back.

On my back, were a midnight black, silver lined, beautiful pair of wings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. Awsome. A pair of freaking wings? I love a cool twist. Maybe that's how she can survive anything... He he. I guess you'll have to find out. Till next time my fellow readers...