Chapter 17

I felt energy coursing through my body as I got up.

My limbs didn't hurt anymore, so it wasn't painful. I got up and my vision was sharper. I stalked towards them and growled slowly.

The remaining men circled the women, trying to protect them. I stalked towards them from the shadows. My wings were spread out, warning them off. James growled and pushed Lauren behind him. That's when I realized that Lauren was his soulmate. I growled, showing my teeth.

Kill him. A voice said in my head. I froze. I watched Lauren the whole time.

Who are you? Jasmine. I will be a part of you whether you like it or not. Are you Gabe's sister? Yes... I snapped into reality when one of the men foolishly swung his knife at me. I quickly thought of myself and grabbed the knife before it could hit me. I grabbed his hand and put it above the fire. 

"Move and he dies." I said, clutching his head. 

"Who are you?" Demanded James.

"Your worst nightmare. Now, hand over Lauren and I'll let him go." I replied simply. "Now." I brought his face closer to the fire. She cautiously walked towards me and I shoved the man to them.

James had his furious face on. As well as fear. "I won't hurt her. She's pregnant dumbass." I gripped her arm firmly. Then I heard something. No someone. I gasped and brought my hand to Laurens stomach. The baby. Oh no.

"Lauren. Your baby. He's gone. You had a miscarriage." I watched as a silent tear f