Chapter 11

I was so happy I started to cry.

We weren't even engaged, let alone married! This baby shouldn't be here but I really didn't care.

I looked up at James's face and saw him smiling, although there was some confusion. His eyes held a million questions. "When are you due?" He asked.

"March!" I squealed. Even if we weren't in love, I had no problem having a child.

But then a thought disturbed me.

What would happen to my job? Would that affect my health? What about my wings? Would that affect my baby?

My wings ripped yet another cloak and spread themselves in the house, touching the walls. I haven't even flown them yet.

"Why don't you say we go and show off these bad boys?" I said, flapping my wings slightly. James grinned and nodded, but then a look of concern showed.

"The baby..."

"I'll take my chances."

~¥~ in a field away from the manor

The day was perfect. The sky blue, the water crystal clear, the grass proudly green, it was perfect.

I stretched out my wings fully. It felt so good not having them folded.

I walked forward so I wouldn't hit James, then prepared to jump. My wings knew exactly what to do. I bolted in the air and continued flapping my wings. I was laughing at the joy of it all. The power, speed, height, everything was amazing. I soared through the clouds getting soaked for some reason. (Remember that they didn't know what clouds where made of back then)

I twirled around feeling energy I never felt before. Feeling the wind on my face felt unreal. It was truly amazing. I stayed in the air for around an hour or so before I remembered James. Sighing, I swooped back down low and landed smoothly. I looked around to see James on the ground.

"James?" No response. I repeated it again. Nothing. I walked over to him with shock on my face.

On James's back, were gorgeous wings that were the exact opposite color, white, although they still had the grey.

I gasped, staring at them. I came to my senses enough to shake James awake. Finally, he grumbled but turned over on his side.

"James?" I asked. He grumbles so I something thing about his back hurting. "James you have wings!" That seemed to wake him up. He looked up to see the wings dangling above him. He stared at them with his mouth open.

I bit my lip, looking at them as well. "Their beautiful James. Shall we try flying?" He stared at me like I was crazy.

"What?" He asked. He looked up at the sky and bit his lip.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" I whined. And it was, flying was amazing. In grabbed his hand and dragged him to the middle of the field. I spread my wings out and saw his wings do the same. I bent down and jumped in the air. The wind struck my face and I screamed in joy. I looked down and saw that James was still on the ground. I swooped down low and hovered in front of him. I held my hand out to him and he slowly took it.

With that, my wings forced both of us in the air and in the sky. James screamed when I let his hand go, but his wings kept him afloat. Sort of.

I lowered down to his level and took his hand. "I love you." I whispered.
He pulled me close."I love you too."

We just kissed when flaming arrows were hurtled towards us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So now James has wings. And their trying to not die from flaming arrows. Forgive any mistakes I made.