Chapter 10

They were so beautiful.

It felt weird with the extra weight and the off balance feeling I had but still. It was freaking cool.

I somehow lifted up my wings and looked at the size. They where easily 15 ft long per.

I stretched them out until they were laid out in front of me. I gentle stroked my wings, my hand easily sliding on the silky surface. I looked around to see my cloak hanging on the branch of a random tree a few feet away.

I grabbed it off the branch and brushed moss and stuff off of it.

I looked back to see my wings folding themselves against me. I slipped on my cloak and saw that you couldn't tell I had them.

Good.

I don't need any more trouble.

As I walked back, I found my basket of food and picked it up. With that, I walked in a general direction of home.

~¥~

When I got there, James eyes snapped to the door. His face held relief and anger.

"Where the hell were you?" He demanded.

"I don't know." I said honestly.

"Oh, so you don't know where you were?"

"No. I really didn't know."

"Why don't you know?"

"Since when do you care? I got you in prison and you seem like you care about me. You shouldn't care."

"But I do care and I don't know why!"

"I don't know why either, okay? You look like my best friend who I just murdered a few months ago! Of course I have to care about you! You have his eyes! Hell, you both have the same name! What the hell am I supposed to do? Huh?!"

After I finished yelling, my wings shot open, ripping my cloak and spreading their beauty in the house.

James jumped back and yiped. He stared at them with awe and confusion. He stuttered, trying to talk. I didn't try to listen though. I just leaned forward and kissed him, right then and there. Surprisingly, he kissed back and actually pinned me against the wall. He kissed me rougher, and gripped my waist. He pulled away until are foreheads touched.

"Follow me."

And for some reason, I did.

~¥~

I sighed happily and slowly opened my eyes to see the sunlight sneaking through the windows. I got up and got dressed. My wings made holes In my shirts for themselves so I didn't have to worry as much.

I folded my wings and made breakfast for James and myself. I made a huge amount, I was really hungry and walked down the hall way to James's room. I kissed him awake and he smiled.

"I made breakfast. Get up"

He grabbedy waist and tossed me on the side of the bed next to him and laid himself gently across me. He kissed me while I tried to remind him that breakfast was ready. Finally, we got out of bed and ate. I really didn't notice how much food I actually ate. When I looked back at the plate that once held food, I was shocked. 

I looked at James and saw that he wasn't even done with his and that I had eaten the whole pan of food.

I usually don't eat this much food.

I closed my eyes. I needed to see a doctor, surgeon, someone.

I ran out the door after throwing on a cloak to hide my wings.

I ran to the local witch doctor's place. There was a small line, but even then I was impatient. When I finally got to see him, I was pacing in the room.

"Loralli?"

I jolted towards the door.

~¥~ later

When I exited the door, I ran to James's house and burst through the door. He was sitting on the chair in the kitchen and jumped at my sudden outburst.

"What, what's wrong?!" He exclaimed, and started to walk towards me. I leapt in to his arms, crying and laughing all at once.

"Your going to be a father!"