Chapter 12

We looked down frantically trying to see where the flaming arrows were coming from.

Below us, at least a hundred knights and archers are shooting at us; wait, no, at me.

I bolt away from James and frantically flap away from him.

Don't hurt him, don't hurt him, don't hurt him. I think.

And they don't. They're only shooting at me. I look down at my outfit and gasp. My outfit is completely different. Instead of pants and a shirt, I am wearing a beautiful black dress with silver jewelry. The lace is so elegant, I gasped. The necklace is a pair if wings that match my own, and the bracelets look more like black vines but are so beautiful.

I look like a goddess. I look down and stare at the knights below me. Some priest is there and he's chanting something about the evil going away. Then it dawns in me, they think I'm an angel of death. I sure look like it.

Let's give then a show. I think to myself.

I swoop, doing a graceful ark and fold my wings together. I plummet to the ground before spreading my wings out and landing sharply. The knights are frozen in fear and I laugh. Then the priest starts walking forward.

"You do not belong here. You need to die and stay in hell." He says while I laugh, energy filling my bones.

"How about this- no." I say. "I don't have to listen to you. You mean nothing to me."( please don't take that offensively. I didn't mean any thing by it )

Anger fills his face and he booms, "Let god save us all from Death's angel himself!"

Just then, James lands beside me and walks to me and whispers to me, "Don't listen to him, think about our baby." Until then, I forgot about my baby. I turn to the priest. "I have a reason to live on this Earth as much as the rest of you do."

"Do you not see God's angel here to banish you from this world?!" He yelled.

"He's not here to banish me." I said, glaring at the priest. I look at James and see what he's wearing.

On his body, he wears a white coat, button up shirt, and pants. He looked offical in his outfit.
"He would never do that to us." I said, my eyes silently pleading him.

"Never." He said. The priest looked shocked. "I'm astonished that God sent down a traitor!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I screeched. I was furious when he started praying to ward me away. Just then, a black wolf, panther, and bear walked out if the woods. But in closer inspection, I realized they we're shadows.

The priest looked terrified. "Oh my dear lord..." James started at me with a look of guilt as a white stag, lion, and horse charged at the others. The white animals were made of light, at least, as far as I could tell.

They charged at my shadows and took them down. I screamed as each one disappeared, leaving me on the ground gasping. The light animals were still there and started stalking towards me.

The loss of my shadows hurt me enough to weaken me. I ran, knowing I couldn't fly, and bolted into the woods.

I looked back to see James staring at me before flying away.

My heart was broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn.