~56~

•••

"Eve, are you fine? You seem a bit off today?" Anna asked as she pulled Eve out of her thoughts. She peered at her through her heavy eyes.

"Uh.. I actually couldn't sleep well last night. Maybe that's why" Eve replied back, making Anna sigh.

"You should be taking care of yourself Eve. Should I call Ivan--"

"Oh no no... I'm fine, Anna. Don't disturb brother. I would just like to take some rest. I'm going to my room. See you later,"

Eve replied with a soft smile before finishing her leftover breakfast. She got passing Anna a small smile. Anna finally seemed to get convinced with her before nodding.

Eve left for upstairs and Anna finished her breakfast as well before going inside the kitchen to do her dishes. She finished cleaning her dish when she found Alice coming in her direction.

"Oh Mom? Do you want something?" Asked Anna as soon as Alice entered the kitchen. Alice gave her a small smile before looking here and there.

"Actually, I was looking for Edla. I can't find her anywhere. Where's see?" Alice asked.

"Umm... Edla is on leave today, mom. She went to her daughter's school for some reasons." Anna reminded, chuckling, Alice almost gasped smacking her own head.

"Oh? I literally forgot! This brain," she muttered, sighing, Anna chuckled.

"Do you need something?" She asked grabbing Alice's eyes, she looked at herself. Alice smiled dubiously.

"Umm... Actually, I was a bit hungry, so I was here to ask if Edla can prepare me something," she muttered.

"But never mind. She isn't here..." She sighed before turning around to leave the kitchen. Anna stopped her in midway.

"Wait mom, I can prepare you something. What would you like to have?" She asked with a soft smile. Alice smiled in uncertainty.

"Umm no no Anna, please don't burden yourself because of me..." She said trying to refuse.

"No it's completely okay, Mom. Please tell me what you would like to eat?" Anna asked again.

"You sure, Anna. You should be taking rest not working here." Alice said.

"It's fine, Mom. I was also getting bored and I can do the small things though. There's no problem with that..." Anna reassured Alice with a smile. Alice sighed.

"Umm then can you prepare me a Boston cream pie alongside some vegetables?" She asked, Anna nodded.

"Yes I can..."

"Thank you, Anna..." She said with a smile.

"Mom, would you like to eat broccoli as well?" She asked, Alice nodded.

"How much spice should I put?" She asked Alice.

"Umm... make it spicy, I don't mind," Alice said before leaving. Anna nodded as she gets the vegetables from the refrigerator, cleaning them thoroughly.

She prepares the vegetables first following the broccoli. She got the ingredients ready for the pie.

After one and half hours, she went into the kitchen and she got all the things ready before serving them to Alice in the dining hall. She felt a bit tired after she was finished but didn't mind.

"Oh Anna, you might be feeling tired. Oh god!" Alice said,, but Anna shook her head.

"No mom, I'm completely fine." She replied back.