~62~

Ivan walked back into the mansion like a lifeless creature. His whole body was shivering violently. The ominous silence was filled in each corner of the hall.

His eyes were red and swollen because of the continuous wails. His condition was messed. His whole night was spent shredding tears. There was a tight pain in his chest. A pain in his chest that he couldn't let go of.

A guilt that was eating him up. He wasn't able to escape from that guilt.

The guilt of murdering his child with his own hands.

He was writhing in pain. Unbearable pain for sure.

The pain, the guilt-  He murdered his happiness with his bare hands. He was shaking and trembling badly. The guilt was just so much. He was feeling so overwhelmed by the agony.

"Ivan-" he heard a voice but his body was not in the able to respond. He remained sealed on his spot. It was getting hard for him to breath. He was feeling so suffocated. Suffocated of everything.

Eve ran in Ivan's direction as soon as she saw him entering inside. The man had his head hung low, his eyes facing the floor, his whole body was desolated. Eve gulped but looked at him.

"Look at me!" She demanded.

"I said look at me! Tell me! Where's Anna? Is she back with you? Where's she? I need to see her?" Eve asked as she tried to force Ivan to look up. The man just couldn't.

He was feeling too weak to attempt looking at anyone.

"Ivan?" Eve demanded again. His silence was annoying her. Her heard was literally beating faster. After the doctor announced, Chris brought Eve back and Ivan stayed in the hospital with Anna until Anna called Noel to take her away from the hospital.

Eve was impatiently waiting for Anna. She knew that Anna is now going through a tough time and she wants to be on her side, console her and give her the strength that she needs to overcome the agony of loosing her baby in that ominous unfortunate moment.

"Where's she?" She demanded again. Ivan was wordless. He couldn't find the strength to say anything. His tongue was just jamed.

"Answer ME-- Ivan!" Eve gasped as soon she witnessed Ivan crying miserably falling onto his knees. He started to yell at himself holding his hair in his fists. Eve's tears brimmed to her eyes seeing him being so miserable. Never ever in her dreams, she thought that she will witness 'this' Ivan in her life.

"Brother-" She tried to mumble getting on her knees after crouching down to his level. Placing her palm on Ivan's shoulder, she tried to hold him.

"She left.... She left me!" He cried miserably.

Eve got the rest of the answers in Ivan's one sentence. She understood everything and then she looked at her brother once again who was crying out loudly, miserably, vigorously. Ivan face-palmed sobbing violently.

"I'm a murderer.... I murdered my own child. I'm a monster! Anna was right. I'm a monster" He cried, vigorously.

"Hold yourself!" Eve tried to contact console him but it was just too much for him. He felt as if he was paying for every deed that he has committed.

"I... I can't... I feel miserable... How could I... I ki...kill my own child? HOW? Anna's right, I'm a murderer! I'm a monster! Nobody should be with a monster like me. I'm a sinner! I've committed this sin! I'm a heartless monster!"

Ivan cried. Screeching, shouting, yelling and pulling his hair. Eve gulped thickly before looking at him. She quickly took out her cellphone, texting Chris.