~80~ (THE END)

Final chapter

●●●

It's been three days since Anna was admitted to the hospital. Eve got her consciousness back on the second day but Anna was still healing. Ivan in these three days didn't leave her sight for even a second. He would be staying beside her day and night.

Noel understood it as well hence he didn't mind Ivan staying beside her always. In fact, he wants them to clear their misunderstandings and reunite just like before when Anna gains her consciousness.

As Ivan stood there, lost in his thoughts, the door swung open, and a weary-looking doctor stepped out. Dr. Stevens, a middle-aged woman with a kind face, approached Ivan with a sympathetic smile.

"Ivan, your wife is awake now," she said gently. "She's been asking for you."

Surprise and Relief washed over Ivan, "Really Doctor?" It came out as a soft whisper from his mouth. Dr Stevens chuckled before nodding. Ivan's face lit up and excitement filled every corner of his heart. He quickly followed his steps into the room where Anna was.

"Anna," Ivan whispered, his voice thick with emotion. His glimmered.

Anna turned her head towards him and managed a weak smile. "Ivan," she whispered back, her voice filled with sadness which Ivan could definitely notice.

He approached her bedside, taking her hand in his, and sat down. "How are you feeling, my love?" he asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Anna sighed, her eyes went glossier "Physically, I'm okay, but emotionally... I feel shattered, Ivan," she confessed, her voice breaking.

Ivan squeezed her hand gently. "I'm so sorry, Anna. I wish I could take away your pain."

Tears welled up in Anna's eyes again, but this time, they were not only tears of grief but also tears of relief. "Ivan, I want to apologize," she said, her voice trembling.

Surprised, Ivan furrowed his brow. "Apologize? What for, Anna?" Anna quickly hugged him so tightly leaving in utter dismay but de he mind? No. In fact it was the thing he was craving for so long.

Her hugs

Her touch

Her voice

His name on her lips

Their closeness

"I blamed you for all of the things when you didn't even know what was going on. Alice took a greate advantage of our argument to separate us and I hate to admit that she successfully succeed in it."

"Ivan, I'm so sorry for doubting us," she whispered, her voice muffled against his chest.

Ivan gently stroked her hair, whispering words of comfort. "It's alright, Anna. We all have moments of doubt and fear. What matters is that we find our way back to each other."

They stayed like that for a while, finding solace in each other's arms. Eventually, Ivan pulled away slightly and looked into Anna's eyes. "Anna, the doctor said you need rest. I'll be right here beside you"

"How's Eve?" Anna asked pulling her head up her glossier eyes stared at his. He smiled warmly before stroking her long hair, gently. The fingers felt like a feather to Anna, she felt relaxed.

"Eve's completely fine, Anna. She has healed herself pretty sooner." Ivan informed.

"Oh that's a relief. Oh you should be beside heras well" Anna muttered sighing leaving the man with a pretty smile plastered on his face. He gently caressed her head.