~42~

CHAPTER: 42

****

Anna’s eyes flickered open and she groaned holding her head before recollecting her memories. Sitting on the bed’s edge, she eyed the whole room that has white walls and some machines. She was in hospital. Frowning, she looked here and there in order to find someone when finally a nurse approached her.

“Oh you woke up,” The said spoke before diagnosing Anna’s health. She examined Anna’s eyes and checked her pulse rate before standing back at a respective distance writing down Anna’s health notes on the notepad.

“Don’t worry, you’re completely well. I guess it happened because of stress and weakness. Aren’t you taking your meals properly?” The nurse asked as Anna quickly shook her head.

“No! I do.” Anna spoke back softly.

“Oh! Then why you look so pale?” The nurse mumbled being confounded.

“Anyway, your reports will be out within two days. Make sure to collect them and the doctor will come to check upon you within five minutes. Till then, take rest.” The nurse said genuinely before recollecting her things and was about to leave when Anna stopped her.  

“Umm… Ms?”

“Yes?” The nurse asked with a smile after turning around as Anna passed her a nervous smile.

“Can you tell me who bring me here while I was unconscious?” Anna asked in a slow and steady voice.

“Oh! Your friend took you here. You’re really lucky. He really does take care of yours,”

“He?” Anna asked being flabbergasted and the Nurse nodded smiling.

“Yes, he. Anyway, take rest. The doctor will be here in five minutes,” The nurse said before exiting the ward leaving Anna confounded with a frown on her face. She huffed and leaned back fiddling with her fingers.

Who was he?’

Anna thought before leaning as after finally some time, the doctor came to check upon her. She examined Anna’s health before prescribing her some energy tablets as she can’t say anything till Anna’s report will be out.

“Umm… Doctor?” called Anna.

“Yes?”

“Umm… where is the guy who took me here?” asked Anna in a slow voice that almost comes out as a whisper from her mouth.

“Oh that man. He actually left. He said, he will see you later.” The doctor replied back before giving Anna, an injection.

“He left?”

“Yes dear. Do you have anything else to ask?” The doctor asked chuckling as Anna smiled nervously before shaking her head.

“No. I don’t.”

“Okay then, eat your medicines on time and be present here after to two days to receive your reports. Till then, take care.” Said the doctor patting Anna’s shoulder and she nodded.

“Thanks doctor,” Anna replied.

Anna went towards the counter to pay the bills but for her dismay, the bills were already paid by the man who brought Anna here when she unconscious. Being flabbergasted, she left the hospital and took a taxi to reach the home.