~58~

Chapter 58
•••

Ivan stopped his car in the parking lot of the hospital before getting off of it. He directly made his way inside the hospital. He was going to the reception until he received a call on his phone that was from none other than Anna. He received it, immediately.

"Anna?"

"Ivan, where are you? Did you left the office yet or not?" He heard his wife's voice.

"Yes, I'm already here in the hospital. Which floor you're on?" He asked, entering the elevator.

"Fifth" she replied. Ivan pressed the fifth floor button.

"All right. On my way" he replied before hanging his phone. The elevator started to go upwards before finally stopping on the fifth floor.

He come outside of the elevator before making his way inside passing the big corridor until he finally reached the OT.

His eyes wavering here and there until he finally caught a glimpse of his wife who was standing just outside of the surgery room's door.

"Anna?" He called. Anna looked in his direction.

"Ivan..."

"What happened? What happened to him?" Ivan inquired about Mr Miller. Anna gulped her Saliva thickly.

"He's been hit by a car. There are injuries on his legs and head because of the accident." Anna replied, Ivan was shocked to the core.

"How did this actually happened?" He asked.

"It was all so suddenly, Liam told me. He was on his way back to the villa until a car collided with his one. Thank goodness, that Liam actually found him on time otherwise, he could've give on the road. Besides this, he's also diagnosed with a heart valve disease, doctor has said that it needs a surgery to get cured." she muttered, with a heavy heart.

"Where's he?"

"He has went to complete the paperwork for the surgery"

"And where's Mrs Miller?" He asked.

"She's currently staying inside the ward until the surgery starts." Anna replied and Ivan nodded.

"Ivan, I want to ask you something" said Anna before she took a pause for a minute. Ivan looked at her, nodding.

"Yes, what?"

"Why were you not answering Liam since the last two days. He's been looking for you and you just. He had to go through a lot between this, all by himself whereas, his older brother wasn't even beside him" she asked.

"Anna, what are you talking about?" The male asked, a bit stern this time with the confusion mingled in his emotions.

"Ivan, Liam was calling you from last two days and you didn't replied to him. He shifted Mr Miller here, last week and between this time period he was going through everything all by himself, alone"

"Anna, I didn't received any calls from him. I didn't even had a single idea if he has lied to you or anything. He didn't gave me any calls otherwise, no Matter how much we fight, I would definitely be here" Replied Ivan leaving Anna with a little perplexity.

"He said this that he has tried to call you multiple times" Anna replied.

"I. Did. Not. Received. Any. Calls. From. Him" Ivan repeated again, leaving Anna without the words.

"Fine, he'll be back in sometime. Let's clear the things out" Anna said before sighing, Ivan nodded as they begin to wait for Liam.

Finally after a few minutes, Liam was back from the ground floor, after finishing the remaining of the formalities. His eyes flickered in dismay finding Ivan there. He let out a sarcastic laugh.