The News

It is Saturday. Today, the 29th, we had all gathered up together in a while. Everyone including Jessie was sitting under the same roof.  "So much has happened ever since the start of the renovation." Jessie stated.

"For real," Tanisha took a sip of her drink before putting it back down on the coffee table in front of her. "It hasn't even been 5 months."

"Crazy how life is sometimes." added Asad.

"Yeah..." Izzy chuckled dryly. "Crazy." She looked down for a second before she took on a more serene expression. "Can I confess something to y'all?"

"What's good ?" Tanisha asked. Jessie signaled Nate, Xavier, Kyle, Neesa and I who were further away to gather in the living room. We all sat down and eyed her wondering.

"I'm pregnant." she announced. I can speak for everyone when I say we all froze. Nate's face went blank but gradually his brows lowered and soon he was frowning.

"You can't be." he finally said.

"But I am."

"But you can't be." He said again.

"I am." Isabel repeated with a pinched expression.

"You're sixteen Izzy, what the fuck !"

"I know my age-"

"So you thought this through ?" Jessie asked, interrupting her. Isabel stared at her for a few seconds then lowered her gaze. "Oh gracious no." Jessie covered her mouth with her palm and worry appeared in her eyes.

Isabel raised her eyes back up and took a step towards her. "Jessie it's not that bad-" she argued before getting cut off again.

"Not that bad ? You're just a child Baby Iz-"

"Please stop calling me that. I'm no baby."

"Who's the father?" questioned Asad. She turned her body in Kyle's direction and now all of our eyes were on him. Nate got up and pulled out a glock. He made his way hastily to Kyle, shoved its tip under his chin. "The fuck did I say about touching my sister ?"

Kyle got up while raising his hands in the air, smirking. "I didn't hurt her. Trust. You can ask her, she enjoyed it."

"What'd you say ?" barked Nate. In that same instant, he flipped around his glock and strikes his face with it. We each got up, besides Xavier and went to the two guys. Kyle fell on the floor and lost consciousness.

"Klaewkla, what's wrong with you !" shrilled Izzy, getting on the floor near her boyfriend. Asad pulled Nate's arms behind him letting Sha take away his weapon. Neesa and I were also by Kyle. His nose had been hit and had begun bleeding heavily.

"In your room, Nate. Now." ordered Jessie, menacingly.

Asad hit Nate in the back of his leg, making him stumble.  "Let's go, man. You need lecturing." He remarked. Nate crossed his arms and stayed in place. "I'm not repeating myself." He walked forth and seconds later Nate followed.

"You would've done worse if it happened to your sister !" He argued.

"Jessie," called out Aneesa, worried. "he's bleeding like crazy."

"Make him sit up against something. Bring a towel and water before he wakes up." she replied.

It took 20 minutes of wait before Kyle showed signs of consciousness. "Shit." he groaned quietly as he placed his hand on his forehead. I was the only one by his side at the moment.

"Took you long enough." I said.

"My nose..." He groaned a bit louder.

"Yeah... Tough."  I handed him a plastic bottle for him to drink out of. "Take this."  He chugged half of the water before putting down the bottle. "How are you feeling ?"

"He really needs to chill the fuck down. He almost broke my fucking nose !"

"You pushed him." I shrugged.

"Someone needs to get his gun away from him."

"I'm not risking my life for you, the fuck."

"Thank you." he replied sarcastically. "Are you worried ?"

"About you ?"

"About Iz and I raising a child." Xavier walked back into the living room. Our eyes go on him.

"Am I interrupting ?"

"Nah. Y'all can talk." Kyle got off the floor grabbing his water and walked away. I watched as he walked off before putting my eyes back on Xavier. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

* * *

Aneesa and Isabel were in Aneesa's room. Aneesa sat on her bedside and Isabel was turning on a chair. "Did you plan on getting pregnant ?" asked Aneesa, speaking in her usual soft voice.

"I'm too young to be planning some' like that." replied Izzy, still spinning on her chair, head down.

"Are you worried ?" Isabel stopped her spinning and finally took a look at her.

"I'm not worried." she stated with assurance. "My child won't have to go through what I did. Growing without ever meeting their parents. I won't be like my mother. I will never abandon this child. Never." Aneesa gave her a sympathetic smile. They heard knocking on the door.

"Come in." said Aneesa.

Nate's head poked out and slowly Asad pushed the door open. They entered at a slower pace than usual and closed the door behind them. Asad sat down on Tamika's bed while Nate stood in front of the girls. He scratched the back of his head and sighed. "My bad, I shouldn't have punched yo' man like that. I'm sorry Izzy."

She rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Sit down." He sat besides Aneesa. "You should be apologizing to him also."

"I'll do it." He said quietly. "I hope you and Kyle last."

"Yeah..." agreed Aneesa. "We need more happy endings." Asad took a glimpse at her before sighing deeply.

The rest of that day was semi-normal. Everyone stayed over and one after the other, left the next day.