July 17 '52 | 2

The little girl, Tanisha, comes out of the room followed by a small boy. The boy walks to the table and sits down while Tanisha walks up to me. "What's the boy's name again ?" She asks

"Keshawn.." I reply. She smiles at me and turns to the two guys.

"Keshawn is awake y'all !"

Denzel puts down the spatula he was using and goes into the room. When he came back, he was holding Shawn in his arms. He really looked like a baby compared to everyone else. It might've been because Denzel was 1,88m [6'2 ft], Kelvin, 1,90m [6'3 ft], Tanisha, 1, 60cm [5'3 ft] and I was also taller than him but he really looked small.

"You're hungry lil' man ?" asks Denzel as he sat down with Keshawn on the couch.

"Don't matter, those kids gotta eat. Keshawn, Belladonna come sit at the table, food's ready." Orders Kelvin.

"For once, Kelv is right." Comments jokingly Tanisha.

Kelvin rolls his eyes. "I'm always right. You too come sit, there's enough for all of us. Now !" I glance at Keshawn and I see him get off the couch holding Denzel's hand. I remember feeling a burning feeling in my chest. Was it because I also wanted to be taken care of by Denzel or because Shawn easily got used to them while I couldn't ? I don't know, all I know is that I didn't like this view. All six of us sat down at the table and started eating. Denzel, Kelvin and Tanisha kept throwing glances at each other as if they were sending each other messages through their eyes while the boy stays busy eating his food with the help of Kelvin. Denzel stretches his arms and looks at us awkwardly.

"So, um.."starts Denzel. Tanisha looks at us smiling while Kelvin keeps helping the boy eat, avoiding our eyes. "Where y'all from ?" continues Denzel.

"Bruh." Tanisha rolls her eyes and Kelvin looks up, sucking his tongue.

" Is your name Draco or Denzel ?" I ask. Kelvin smirks.

" I guess we didn't introduce ourselves properly." says Denzel as he leans forward. " My name's Denzel Davis but some people call me Draco. I'm 18 turning 19 this October. This is my sister-" Tanisha interrupts him.

"I can introduce myself. I'm Tanisha Davis but some people call me Sha."

Denzel glances at his sister. " Ain't nobody call you that, Nisha."

"Don't worry, someday people will call me that. Anyways, I'm 11 years old. You wanna introduce yourself ?" she asks the little boy. He nods joyfully.

"I'm Tyrell Smith and I'm five years old." he continues eating afterwards.

" His parents are the adults you saw earlier. We share the same mother, Janet Smith but our fathers are different. The man you saw is Tyrell's dad, Tyler Smith. He started living with us when he found out mom was pregnant with his child. "Adds Tanisha, Kelvin nods.

"I met her as Davis so she'll stay Ms. Davis to me."

"Your turn Kelv." says Denzel. Kelvin looks at Keshawn and I and sighs.

"I'm Kelvin Fils-Aime and I'm 19 but my people call me Cix."

Keshawn finally finishes eating. "Your people ?" He asks. Kelvin, Denzel and Tanisha smile.

" Our crew." answers Kelvin.

Keshawn's eyes widened."Can we meet your crew ?"

Janet enters the house. "What crew ?" Kelvin slightly glances back.

"Our friends ma'am."

"You guys are introducing them to your friends ?" asks Ms.Davis.

"We might." answers Denzel.

"That's nice. Boys, Tyler needs y'alls help to bring in the beds. Tanisha, let's go make room for Belladonna." Once again  I look around and everyone seems to know what to do. Denzel and Kelvin are outside helping Mr.Smith while Tanisha and Ms.Davis are in one of the rooms. I'm left alone with Shawn and Tyrell at the dining table.

***

That night I had the most comfortable sleep in my life. I bet Keshawn felt that too. It was so pleasant it felt surreal. Too surreal. I woke up during the night and looked around me. "You're safe Bella, go back to sleep.." murmured Tanisha half asleep. I laid back down and closed my eyes. She's right. There's no need to take turns and guard anymore. I'm under a roof, under a cover, safe. I could sleep as long as I want and get out of bed whenever I want. Or so I thought.

"Belladonna !" a loud sound rang in my ears. I opened my eyes and shouted. "Belladonna it's me ! It's Denzel !"I rubbed my eyes trying to see more clearly. I calmed down and sat on the side of the bed.

"We could do it another day, let the kids sleep." suggests Kelvin leaning on the door frame.

"The first thing you said when you entered the house was "Are they here ?". Plus we gotta announce it to Ace.."

"Denzel, I'm ready." said Keshawn walking into the room. For the first time in a while he was wearing new clothes, he looked clean and he didn't have the tired look like before.

"Where'd you get those clothes ?" I asked, getting off the bed.

"Kelvin. He bought some for you too." answered Keshawn.

"Ight. Go get ready and we'll bring your clothes in your room. The light blue toothbrush you'll see in the bathroom is yours now by the way." Denzel, Kelvin Shawn and I, all walk out of the room.

Tanisha walks into the living room followed by Tyrell. They sit on the couches and join in the conversation with Denzel, Kelvin and Keshawn. Suddenly Tanisha stands up , eyes widened. "Does she know that she can use the shower cap ?"asks Tanisha. 

Kelvin stands up as well. "Oh shit."

"Oh shit" repeats Tyrell before getting his mouth covered by Denzel. Kelvin and Tanisha run to the bathroom door and knock. More like pound but in their perspective it was knocking.

"Belladonna !" shouts Tanisha.

"Yeah ?" I respond cluelessly.

"Are you wearing a shower cap ?"

"No.."

"Unless you're washing your hair. You gotta protect the hair at all costs, man !" sobs Tanisha. Kelvin scoffs. Later on, I got out of the shower, my two braids frizzed up, looking cute in the new 'fit Kelvin bought me. I smile as I walk in the living room while Keshawn and Tanisha shake their heads. Denzel walks to the kitchen counter and picks up his car keys.

"I'll go pick up JJ and Jackson, you drive the kids." He declares.

"Do I look like a fucking nanny ? Pick one more kid." argues Kelvin.

"Stop cursing in front of my brother, he'll pick up that habit. Tyrell, let's go." Tyrell walks up to his brother and gets picked up. They walked out the house and soon the house was empty as we were all on our way to meet the crew.