May 8th '59

A week after the funeral, Tyrell came home. Tyler hired a chauffeur for his son's transportation so that he would never have to come back here.

"Momma..." said Tyrell as he took off his shoes at the entrance. Janet was sitting at the dinner table with her laptop.

"Wash your hands, you came from outside." she says pointing to the kitchen sink at her left. He walks over to the sink and thoroughly cleans his hands before drying them and giving a quick peck on his mom's cheeks.

"Is Nisha at work ?" he asks.

"Your sister is in her room.." says Janet, still focusing on the computer screen. He looked at the hallway then took a deep breath before directing himself towards her room.

"Come in." replies Tanisha, hearing Tyrell knock. She was laying in her bed, her phone in her hands.

"Tanisha.."

She sat up in her bed, seeing him enter the room. "Oh, you're here... Titi is at Aneesa grandma's place."

"It's fine, I wanted to talk to you only right now..."

"Close the door and come sit." she replied.

"Please let me join the crew, Sha..." Tyrell asked as he closed the door behind him and sat on his sister's bed.

"I can't."

"Why ? What makes it so difficult ?"

"Tyrell please-"

"I've been unofficially part of it since I was born. Just make it official for me. Please..." he begged.

"I wouldn't be a good sister if I did this. The Rox Gang is shitty, you know this. I could never let you join knowing someone would happen to you. I would never forgive myself."

"But Sniper is gone !" insisted Tyrell.

"Denzel died because he joined this gang-"

"I'm not fucking Denzel ! I'm Tyrell ! Fucking Tyrell Smith, why do you only see him in me ?" He brutally got up. "You're also part of this fucking crew ! He.." Tyrell pauses for a moment slowly backing up to the door. "Denzel always knew how shitty the Rox were but he still let you join his side ! You were younger than me ! Why the fuck can't you let me fucking be part of this, Tanisha !"

"Mom's been through enough already ! Your dad would kill me ! Denzel would kill me ! Mom would kill me ! I would kill me ! Please Ty, try to understand what I'm sayin'.."

He leaned back his head against the door, forearm covering one of his eyes. "At what age...At what age are you gonna let me join ?" he asked in a fatigued tone.

"I can't say never, can I ?" she replied.

Tyrell dropped his arm, lowering his head. He stared at her with a pinched expression in response to her foolish question. "At 16." she finally answers. He nodded but with tightness attached to it. He turned his back around, opened the door and walked right out.

"Ty..." sighed Tanisha. She got off her bed and walked out the room, into the living room. "Where's Tyrell ?" she asks.

"He just walked out." replies Janet.

"Why'd you let him go ? He just arrived."

"Don't fight with your brother too much.." Janet sighs and walks into her room.