Present Day | New Place

"How can you agree to this, Sha ?" I yelled at her. We had left the car and were now making our way into the house.

"What other choice did we have ! Plus I don't see what's the problem." She argued, taking her shoes off and dropping the car key on the kitchen counter.

"You don't see it ?" I asked, taking off my shoes as well. "You took money from an East side-"

"No ! I received money from a crew member to use on our crib's renovation. I would've taken it from anybody. Stop arguing with me and get your stuff ready."

"You said you didn't know the date."

"I know what I said. I texted Ty and he's going to stay here with mum while we're away. Nate will be here too."

"And Jessie ?"

"She's staying with mum."

"What if I want to come back ?"

"Until Ty's gone, you can't. You'll share a room with Aneesa at our new place and I'll stay in her room at her grandma's."

"Okay. Pause what did you say ? Why aren't you going to the new place with us ?"

"I want to stay near the crib."

"Asad is also staying there ?"

"Why does that matter ? Just get your stuff ready." She said before walking away to her room.

Mum came back home with a smile on her face and throughout the next few days she was cooking and tidying up the house with the help of JJ.

* * *

It was September 30th, the D-Day. Mum was at work and I was doing my last minute packing while Sha had finished hers the night before. Asad was going to drive Nate here and then drive his sister and I to the new place before driving himself and Sha to his grandmother's house. Tyrell would be getting here by his personal chauffeur.

"Aren't we staying here until Ty arrives ?" I asked Tanisha, bringing my luggage to the entrance. She transported her baggage to where mine was in silence. "Tanisha, I asked you something." She let go of her luggage and looked me in the eye for a brief second.

"I'm leaving the moment Asad pulls up." She said before sitting on the couch. Around ten minutes later, she received a call and soon after there was someone at the door. I opened the door and saw Nate.

"Is he here yet ?" He asked, peeking behind me.

"Hi Nate." Greeted Tanisha and I simultaneously.

"Yo." He responded quickly before turning his head back to the car that was behind him. "Asad ! You said he'd be there already ! You fucking liar !"

"I said," began Asad as he was making his way to the door, carrying baggage that most definitely belonged to Nate. "He might be there already. Now take your stuff."

"You're at the door already..." Grumbled Nate as he crossed his arms. Asad hit the back of his leg with his foot and walked inside the house, clumsily taking off his shoes.

"Ow, what the fuck !" Nate also made his way into the house after taking off his sneakers.

Asad dropped the luggage and sat next to Tanisha. "Hey." he said.

"Sup' ?" replied Sha.

"Where's Aneesa ?" I asked, still standing by the door.

"That dumb child was taking too long so I left her at home." answered Sad, looking back at me.

"She's been calling his phone nonstop, so I muted her." added Nate.

"Yeah, we'll get her after. Maybe." He turned back his head towards Sha. "You're ready to go ?"

"Yuh. I'll tell JJ we're leaving." She got up, pressing one hand on the armrest and the other hand on Asad's thigh. He watched as she made her way towards Jessie's room before getting up and walking towards the entrance. I was fixing him with narrowing eyes as he took Sha's things and brought them out to the car. Sha came out of the room alongside Jessie before he could make his way back to the house.

"You sure you got everything, Titi ?" asked Jessie. I nodded my head.

Asad had entered back into the house. "You want me to take that ?" He asked me.

"I got it. You should carry her to the car, though."

He glanced at Tanisha before looking down and away. "What are you saying ?" he mumbled.

We left the house way before Tyrell got there. Part of me believes Sha gave him the wrong time on purpose. Asad drove us to his grandmother's place to pick up Aneesa and then drove us all to our new temporary crib.

The house was so modern, I felt out of place. I had never been accustomed to such luxury in my entire life. The hallways were big, the bathrooms had a shower and a tub, our rooms were huge, their closet was actually sized for more than a few clothes, and the living room was spacious. Staying there was like living with an unrealistic standard. It was set apart from the other houses from the neighborhood with its beauty. It would've been even more beautiful if it wasn't for our generous donor. I don't like him but I guess I should be grateful for him.