Epilogue

"So that's how I came to be claimed by a dragon," I say to the group of women sitting infront of me. I close the copy of my book and they begin to clap.

"Wow, I want a mate too!" One of the girls says making everyone laugh.

"Who knows maybe you will," I say smiling. "Thankyou everyone for coming to hear about my story today. I'll be just over there if you would like me to sign your book come on over." I say moving off to the side where the bookstore owner set up a table for me.

It still tickles me pink to think that my life story (well part of it) would be published and doing so well. It started as a sort of journal that I accidentally left out. Then I found Rachel sitting on the couch reading it.

At first I was upset, but my anger and embarrassment faded at the look on her face. She was so riveted on what I had written that it quickly stopped me from yelling at her.

"My God you can write have you considered publishing this as a book? You would make a killing!" She said excitedly and as the saying goes it's all history from there.

I spend the next hour signing books and taking pictures before D comes to get me. He stayed home to keep an eye on the kids. Nima had a low grade fever when I left, but D texted that she was much better just before I began reading.

As he pulls up outside I smile, opening the door to his truck I jump in.

"Hi baby how'd it go?" He asks leaning over to kiss me.

"Good my hand started cramping up from all the books I signed though," I say shaking said hand making him laugh. "Where are the kids?" I ask see as none of them came with him.

"Gar, Jer, and Mags went with their cousins, Liam and Echo went to go to the movies. They're watching the new action film that's out I don't remember the title.

Silver had a date with his mate on zoom, she's visiting her grandparents. She wont be back for another week and he misses her.

Phoebe and Maggie decided to take Mavis and Nima to get their hair done because Mavis gave Nima a hair cut. After Nima threw gum in Mavis' hair for taking her doughnuts." He says sighing.

"I was only gone lone enough to go to the bathroom and chaos ensued," he says exasperated.

I can't help giggling at his put out look earning myself a side eye. "Are you laughing at me?" He asks in a playful voice.

"Ofcourse not why would I?" I say sarcastically.

"Ooh you're going get when we get home," he says making my thighs clench at the thought.

"Promises promises," I say and he gives me a scorching look. Thank God I can't get pregnant anymore or damn I would be in trouble!

"You know me baby I keep my promises, and if I can get Silver to go pick up some food or something... we can have the house to ourselves. Its been awhile since I had you on the kitchen table." He says and I laugh.

"Babe we had sex on the table last week, remember we almost got caught by the kids?" I say and he takes my hand playing with my ring.

"That was fun and like a said a long time ago, but if you insist we can go to my office, or your study, the library, ooh I know how about the gazebo in the rose garden?" He says thinking of different places and I crack up laughing.

"Hell babe you might as well park in the woods and do it in here," I say jokingly.

"Not enough room in here, but there's plenty in the bed good idea V hold on!" D turns onto our lands but makes a detour into the woods before getting to the house.

"DARIUS!!" I squeek laughing.

Let's just say we didn't get home till late and all of our children were home by then. D was also sporting some bite marks on his shoulders from me trying not to be too loud. He also had scratches on his back, but he wears them proudly.

"Be ready for more," he whispers in my ear when we come inside and squeezes my ass.

"EEEEWW!!" the kids say in unison and I blush laughing.

"Hey how'd you think you got here?" D says smiling and they groan again.

"How was your thing at the bookstore mom?" Silver asks changing the subject.

"It was good, how is Julie doing?" I ask and he sighs.

"She's doing good her grandma is teaching her how to knit, but I miss her," he says sadly.

I go hug him, "I know the feeling, I feel so incomplete without your father. It helps if you keep something with your mate's scent or a token."

"I gave her a locket with a picture of us in it," he says softly.

"Did she give you anything?" I ask quietly and he holds up his arm with a smile. He has on a leather braided wrist band with both their first initials on it.

"When did she give you that? You weren't wearing it earlier?" Gar asks.

"She sent it to me today, I got it when we were talking on zoom." He says with the biggest smile.

As I look at my children laughing and joking together I feel my heart fill with happiness. I notice that Mavis has a pixie cut, Nima has a bob that's pink. "Your hair looks great girls, but no more attacking each other got it," I say booking no argument.

"We won't," they say and start playing uno with their siblings.

"Ready for another round," D whispers in my ear making me shiver, before I can answer he picks me up yelling goodnight to our kids.

"Eww Goodnight!" They yell and I giggle the whole way to our room.

Darius lays me down on our bed and kisses me, "I love you Via."

"I love you too D, you have given me so much. You've made me into a better person, a stronger one." I say putting my hand on his cheek and he kisses my palm.

"We make each other better then because I only became truly strong after meeting you, and starting our family. You're my dream come true, I would be nothing but a shell without you." He says while placing kisses on my body.

After that we did a whole lot of not talking, but enjoying each other the way fate intended.