Chapter twenty three

"So what are we going to eat for lunch?" I ask getting in the truck.

"Before we go get food there is something I have to go pick up," he says sounding kinda nervous.

"Ok," I smile buckling my seatbelt.

The drive is short, just about two blocks from the flower shop. "The jewelry store?" I say reading the sign, Fairy Custom Jewlers.

"Yeah, come on," he opens his door and I rush to follow intrigued.

"Welcome.. oh Mr. Hellflame the pieces you asked to have done are complete just give me a moment please," the only man working the counter says before shuffling to the backroom of the store.

"What did you get?" I whisper and he winks, "just wait and see."

A few minutes later the old man returns, "here you are sir," he places a old box on the counter and Darius opens it.

Nestled inside are two rings, "they were originally my parents wedding rings. I asked Sam here to melt them down and reforge them, to make them our rings," Darius says looking at me, Sam wonders off to help another customer as I look at his lovely work.

They are absolutely beautiful both rings are made of blue gold, with flame and rose engravings etched in. My ring has a sizable blue stone surrounded by smaller white diamonds in the center. "Is that a sapphire?" I ask.

"No it's a blue diamond, these rings have been in our family for a very long time. My parents were married for four hundred years before they died." Darius says putting my ring on my finger.

"Four hundred! How old are you?" I ask astonished while trying to keep my voice down.

"Dragons age slower babe, for a dragon four hundred years is more like forty, that's how old they were when they died." His solemn look tugs at my heart strings. Dragons age like normal humans till we reach the age of twenty, then for every hundred we age ten. To answer your question though I just turned twenty four last year my birthday is six months from now." He smiles.

"Wow, and I will age slower now? How long will I get to be with you, I mean am I going to leave you all alone way before you pass of old age because I'm human?" I whisper worried and sad at the thought of leaving him.

"Hey look at me," he says and I don't remember looking down. "We age at the same rate now that we are mates, unless something happens to us like someone killing us, then you dont have to worry about leaving me."

He read my worry so clearly. "I love you Darius," I say then stretch up to kiss him.

He returns my kiss then leans back, "I love you Via, come on let's go get something to eat."

Nodding I turn and we leave hand in hand with matching rings on our left hand ring fingers.

We ended up getting some seafood takeout and stopped by Maggie's.

"Hey Mags how are you doing?" I say giving her a big hug.

"I'm good would be better if I had me some grand babies to look after though," she says winking at me.

"Mom!" Janice blushes as I laugh.

"We're working on it," Darius says smirking after he hugs Maggie making her laugh while I blush.

"How are you doing Janice? Has your mom been driving you crazy?" I giggle at the look on her face.

"She has no filter I swear, I've blushed more than I have in my whole life after moving in," she says and I crack up laughing.

"I was like that at first but you get used to it," I say between giggles.

"Hello Janice we brought food for you as well," Darius says as he walks to the kitchen.

"Thankyou, and I'm sorry for being rude last time," she says and Darius turns to look at her.

"You weren't rude to me, you had been through a bad experience with a man who should have treated you better. I understand that you were wary of men after enduring what you went through. So please don't feel bad or like you need to apologize to me, I wasn't offended at all." He smiles then continues to the kitchen.

"He's a good man Via," Janice says.

"Yeah I know," I say dreamily.

"You're a lucky woman, I wish I had that," she whispers sadly making me look at her.

"You will, one day you will find love again and this time he will treat you right like you should be treated." I say holding her hand and a look of hope fills her eyes.

"That sounds good to me," she smiles.

"Ok girls come and eat or I'm gonna eat your share," Maggie says and we go to get our food.

Creepy stalker POV

I saw her! But she had that fucking lizard's ring on her finger!

They were getting food when I drove past them, I wanted to stop and grab her away from there.

But my guy has my oil waiting.

DAMN IT!

Just wait baby, just wait!

We'll be together SOON!

Via's POV

Getting to spend time with my family is the best! But have to say watching tea go flying out of Darius' nose is the funniest shit I have ever seen! Thanks Mags!

"Babe are you ok?" I ask while gasping for air.

"Remind me NEVER to drink anything when Maggie is talking," he coughs.

Even Janice was giggling after he said that. Darius excused himself so he could clean up in the bathroom while we continued to laugh.

"Oh my God, I don't think I've laughed this hard in a really long time," Janice says wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Well there is more where that came from!" Maggie winks making us burst into giggles again.

We spend the next hour visiting and getting a great belly workout from all the laughing. Then it was time to head out, we had still had some more errands to run before our bbq with Rachel and Henry later.