Chapter eight

I was almost finished with my food and everything had been going great, till some drunk guy decided to hit on me.
"Get lost," Darius and Eric both said the former with a growl to his voice.
"Cooome oon *hick*  hotttttt stuuuff ditchh ese loos rh rs and les go," he slured grabbing my arm yanking me out of my seat and I ended up on the floor.
As bad moves go normally it would be bad but I'm the mate of a dragon shifter, Darius hit him so hard I heard his jaw break.
I think the fact that both Maggie and Michelle loudly fussed over me, "Via.. your arm are you ok? can you move it? How about your ankle?"... because I was holding my arm and my ankle was somehow bruised, this snapped Darius from his murderous rage before it had time to really get worse.
Without a word he lifted me carefully from the floor and started for the doors, "I'm taking her to get checked, can you settle this please?" He asked the others and they nodded.
The manager had just got there and Maggie intercepted him.

"Man I wasn't finished eating," I grumbled which made Darius smile, "we'll grab something after we get you checked out ok?" I nod and lean my good arm into him.

We took a cab to the hospital and I was seen right away, I guess a worried and still pissed off dragon shifter gets you bumped to the top.  Dont get me wrong I'm glad we dont have to be here all night but feel guilty about it at the same time.

Sitting in an examination room I did my best to calm Darius down.
"I'm going to be fine, I bet it's just a pulled muscle and sprained ankle." I say grabbing his hand stopping his pacing.

"Sorry it's just I should have beat the shit out of him, before he grabbed you ..," he stops talking closing his eyes he breaths out through his nose and I shit you not smoke came out.

"As interesting as you blowing smoke rings with your nose is I don't think the hospital staff will appreciate it," I say with a smile and he looks at me and laughs.

Resting his forehead on mine he sighs, "I'm sorry it's just since I finally found you, you getting hurt or taken from me in some way has been my nightmare, once we mate you getting hurt will be a lot harder to accomplish.  I'm not trying to pressure you or anything so please dont feel uncomfortable with me."

He hastily says the last part making me laugh grabbing the front of his shirt I hold him close to me and kiss him.

The door opening makes me pull back blushing.  "Good evening I'm Dr. Ulla let's see what we have here," pulling a stool closer she sits down.  She's an older lady with gentle but firm hands.  She probs my ankle and arm turning them ever so slightly.  "Ok I dont think anything is broken but we'll take x-rays to be sure, but I believe it is just sprained and you'll be sore.  Let me order the x-rays to be certain I'll be back," she gets up and leaves the room.

"Does it hurt?" Darius asks standing in front of me again.

"Not really so stop worrying so much," I wink at him making him blush and smile.  "You look so cute," I blurt out making myself blush (omg what am I twelve).

He laughs and kisses my nose making me wrinkle it and he laughs again.

"So do you want to get some Chinese food after this, I remember you said you were still hungry?" He asks.

"I could go for some gyoza and chow mein," I nod.

A nurse comes to take me to get x-rays and Darius stays in the room reluctantly.  When we get to the room to do my x-rays the nurse asks if there is a chance I could be pregnant and I tell her no.  She nods and asks if I'm wearing jewelry and I take off my necklace, when she sees it she recognizes it and double takes a look at my name.

"Oh my sister knows you," she says,
"no wonder I thought you were familiar."

"Whose your sister?" I ask tilting my head.

"Her name is Rachel Wolfe, she is the mate of Henry Wolfe.  You probably remember her as Rachel James." She says with a smile.

"Oh how is she doing I haven't seen her since high school graduation." I ask intrigued.

"She's doing amazing, happily married with six kids already," she smiles while adjusting my arm for the x-rays.  "Ok hold still."

We continue chatting in between x-rays.  Soon I'm done with all the x-rays and she wheels me back leaving me with Darius and Rachel's phone number.

"You seem to be getting on well," Darius says looking at me.

"She's the older sister of a friend of mine I haven't seen in few years, she gave me her number so we can catch up," I smile and he looks relieved that said friend is a girl.

It's not long till the doctor comes back and tells me what we suspected my ankle is sprained and my arm is too.  "Just remember to ice and heat them two times a day for fifteen minutes and take tylenol when needed.  Other than that your in great health, you're free to go take care." She says opening the door to head to her next patient.  We thank her and head out grabbing a cab.

"So about that food,"I say making Darius laugh.

"Yes?" He looks at me.

"Do you want to order in?" I ask nervously.

"Does that mean I can stay?" He asks seriously.

"Only if you want to but just to sleep... after we eat ofcourse." I say blushing.

"I would be honored to be able to spend any time with you in any capacity,"he says then kisses me and I kiss him back.

"Where to?" The cabbie asks and I tell him the address and off we go.