Chapter thirty one

Via's POV

Wouldn't you know it the dragon fruit candy works wonders for me. D went and got me a huge bag after lunch and I've been sucking on them ever since.

I noticed that when he thinks I'm not paying attention that he's looking outside. Not in an I'm enjoying what I'm looking at way either. After the tenth time I finally crack, "ok what are you search for?" I ask turning to him. I had been watching the TV but I keep getting distracted by his worrying.

Letting out a sigh he hugs me, "the guys found some weird tracks outside our borders. I'm just wondering if maybe we're missing something that's all," he says and I rub his chest.

"Its going to be ok, whatever comes our way we'll handle it," I say kissing the underside of his jaw.

"I know, sorry for distracting you. What are you watching anyway?" He asks looking at the TV.

"Its a show about fairies, the main character didn't know she was one till she set her house on fire by accident. Turns out her family lineage isn't what she thought it was," I say grabbing another candy.

"I dont see any wings, they just look like people to me." D says watching the show.

"Yeah apparently it's like a lost magical ability and no one has done it in a really long time." I say explaining things as we watch together.

Janice comes down the hall all dressed to go out, earning a whistle from me. "Where you going looking all done up?" I ask winking at her.

She laughs and starts to blush as she says, "Malik wants to take me out on a date and I agreed."

"Hey guys I'm coming in," Mel calls at the door and stops when he sees Janice. "Wow, you look absolutely stunning Jan, are you ready?" He asks with a huge smile on his face.

She is still caught in his smile it takes her a second to answer, "yes."

"Have fun, make me grandbabies," Maggie calls from the kitchen making me almost choke on my candy.

The guys both laugh while Janice face palms. "Bye mom," she calls out only to hear, "keep her out as long as you want... do things I would do!"

"MOM!" Janice yells.

"Come on beautiful, before your mother makes that lovely blush you got going permanent. If anyone has the rights to that it's me." He says and the hooded look she gives him.

I have to fan myself, good lord! Here I thought I was the one who was awash in hormones. I have been corrected, I'm still fanning myself when Maggie comes out with grilled pb and j sandwiches for us.

"Here honey, the chicken noodle soup is almost ready." She says putting the plates down on the coffee table.

"Thanks Mags," I say taking a euphoric bite of yummy goodness.

"No problem, let me know if you want anything else when I go to serve up the soup." She says eating her sandwich.

"It's ok I can do it Maggie relax with Via," D says smiling but she waves him off.

"You just keep our girl here comfy, I remember I was always worn out after being sick. I had morning sickness well into my second trimester before it finally stopped. Janice's daddy, God rest him would have to do most of the things around the house cause I couldn't," She says.

"Thanks Mags now I'm freaking out," I tease and Darius stiffens next to me. I look at him, "I'm just kidding," I whisper and he relaxes.

"Sorry I dont like the thought of you being upset like that," he says softly holding my hand. He lifts it to his lips and he kisses it making me all gooey inside.

The rest of our evening was uneventful. I ended up falling asleep next to Darius on the couch while watching Dragon Heart. Darius had wanted to watch Dragon themed movies. Some of them cracking him up, others not so much. Some of the ideas that the movies had he thought were interesting though.

When I woke up to relieve my bladder we were in our bed. Shuffling my way back to bed, I curl myself into Darius' side and he curls protectively around me. He sighs in his sleep relaxing and soon I'm asleep once more.

Waking up sucked as I had to make a mad dash once again to the toilet to puke my guts out. After I finish I brush my teeth and splash water on my face.

"Here baby," I turn to Darius as he holds out one of my candies.

I pop it in my mouth and hug him, "thanks honey."

He hugs me and rubs my back knowing how much I hate getting sick. "Do you want to sleep some more?" He asks but then I notice that he's dressed to go to work.

"Not if you have to work, I'll go keep Mags company. Its not fair if I get to sleep if you're working hard." I say not liking the idea of him thinking I'm a lazy person.

"Babe seriously? Your body is making our kids, you're working even while you're sleeping. So don't start thinking you need to go job hunting or something alright?" He says and I know he's right.

"Fine but I'm still going to get up now," I say going to look for clothes for the day when I get a nasty surprise.

Ok I may not be too far along yet, but I'm apparently big enough for some of my not so stretchy  pants to fit. I spent ten minutes trying to get a pair of jeans to button before I gave up. Feeling dejected I grabbed a pair of cotton shorts instead that had elastic at the top.

This development had me ranting to Mags for five minutes when I finally came downstairs.

"Just wait till you can't see anything over your belly and you get winded at the slightest thing, not to mention the gas, and constipation." She starts listing stuff and I stop her.

"Ok no more for today, weren't you going to help me crochet baby booties?" I say as a distraction and she laughs knowing that's exactly what I'm doing.