Chapter ten

I never knew sleeping in someone's arms could be so nice.  I feel warm and charished, looking up I see Darius hasn't woken up yet.  His breathing is even and light snoring is escaping from him.
His long eye lashes are resting on his cheeks.  His hair is resting on his forehead in front and sticking up on the side that I can see.
His lips are calling me to kiss them but I don't want to wake him. 
I can feel his heart beat under my hand and it calms me, I've never felt so content before.  I wonder if it will always be this way?
Feeling the need to empty my bladder I do my best to wiggle free without waking Darius.

"Mmnn.... not yet.... too early....." he mumbles with his eyes shut, then he moves so he's facing me more.  He tucks me under his chin sighing.

"Umm my bladder is full please let me go," I really dont want to wet the bed.

He sighs again but releases me.  Careful not to hit my bladder I get up and hustle to the bathroom.  I finish quickly and wash up.

I open my door and Darius is hugging my pillow, "your back... come back to bed," he says softly.

I smile and go to him, looking at the clock I see its four am.  As soon as I crawl under the covers he curls me back into the position we were in before I left.

"Mmm sleep well Via," he kisses my hair.

I kiss his neck under his chin making him he hum.  We once again fall asleep.

*beep... beep....beep...*

Flinging out my hand I smack my alarm clock making it fall to the floor.  "Damn it.." I mumble trying to reach it almost falling.

"Woah careful..." Darius says catching me.

"Thankyou that would have hurt," I smile at him sitting up.  I stretch then stand to retrieve my alarm clock.

"What are our plans today?" We ask at the same time then laugh.

"Will you come with me to see my home?" Darius asks leaning forward.
"I really want you to see it."

"I can't think of a reason not to," I smile softly. His answering smile lights up his face and makes the butterflies in my stomach soar.

I get dressed in some jeans and a magenta blouse.  Darius watches me as I put on my shoes making me wonder if I should change.

"Is something wrong?" I ask uncertain.

"No why?" He tilts his head confused.

"You're staring at me?" I blush.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks.

"No just a little weird," I shrug and he has an "oh" look on his face.  I change the subject to try to distract him, "so how are we getting there?"

"I have a truck, why did you hope we would fly?" He asks with a smirk.

I look down blushing, "no ofcourse not."

"Is that why your ears are red?" He asks kneeling in front of me.  "Dont worry I'll take you flying just not in the city, it bothers people," he says cupping my face so I'll look at  him.  At my questioning look he elaborates, "I did that once and they complained about it, apparently we aren't allowed to be in our other forms in town unless we're at home." He shrugs it off but I think it's sad, unless the person is hurting others or causing damage, I think they shouldn't have to hide themselves if they dont want to.

I must be projecting that on my face because he gives me a rueful smile, "it's fine that way I dont break stuff."

I hug him and he hugs me back.
"Ready to go," he whispers in my ear sending shivers down my spine and I nod.

I check on Maggie before we go, shes getting ready to go to her book club, they just read the first Anita Blake novel by Laurell K. Hamilton.  She can't wait for the next one. "It makes my heart thump!" She winks at me while grabbing her coat.

"Ok well Darius is taking me to see his home," I  say and she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Make sure to enjoy the ALONE TIME," she whispers and I turn beet red.

"Via your cousins are here," Darius calls to me.

"Coming," I call back.  How could I forget them? I wonder as I come into the living room, then I remember as soon as I see my mate.... my mate I like the sound of that.

"Hi we just came to see you, but since you're busy we will see you in a week, we remember what it was like when we first met our mates," Eric laughs.

Darius shakes his hand appreciatively, and I hug my cousins.  Here I had only Maggie as family and now I have a mate and cousins who have mates as well.

We make plans to meet next week for dinner at the new Italian restaurant, that way I can meet their mates as well.

We walk out together, and I get into Darius' truck, ready to go on my adventure.

Waving bye to them and Maggie as she takes off, I buckle up and and Darius gets in and starts the truck.

"You excited?" He asks me probably hearing my heart pounding and I nod.
"Ok let's get going."

We head north out of town for about two hours, if I was ever worried about him wanting to hurt me now would be the time.  We are surrounded by trees on both sides of the road and traffic is sparse.

Thirty minutes later we come to a gate on the left side and he turns off the road in front of it.

"Hold on a sec" he says jumping out and opening the gate.  He then comes back drives through and jumps out again to close it.

"Sorry bout that, if I don't close it random people think they can come in," he explains even though I didn't say anything.

"Has that happened a lot?" I ask curiously.

"Just twice they left when I told them it was private property.  I didn't even have to blow fire their way," he jokes.

"By the way my flames can't hurt you," he say conversationally.

"Really? Is it because we're mates?" I ask and he nods.  That has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever heard!