Chapter thirty six

Darius insists that I get a check up and I don't even fight him on it. I just follow the nice nurse to a room, she does my vitals as we wait for one of the doctors.

The doctor is a woman who looks like she's younger than I am, she introduced herself as the resident obgyn of the pack. "Let's get a look at your babies to see how they are doing, shall we?"

I sit still as she puts gel on my little belly and swipes her wand thing over me. As we watch on the monitor our twins make their first appearance on screen. With everything that had been going on I never did get around to getting an ultrasound done.

"There they are," she says with a smile.

We look on in awe at our two precious little ones, I'm mesmerized by the fast beating of their hearts. I didn't even realize that I had tears going down my face at first.

"Are you alright baby?" Darius whispers to me and I nod.

"Do you want to know what you are having?" She asks but I think I already know so I shake my head. "Oo leaving it till the birth alright that should be fun, ok here is your babies first picture," she hands it to us. She made it so you can't see their gender from looking at the picture.

"Thankyou so much," I say and she nods.

"Your welcome, now have you given any thought to your birthing plan? Given that you've been blessed with twins I think you should have them here. In fact I highly recommend that you do, that way if you have any complications we have everything ready to counter them.

If you're more comfortable with a home birth we can work around that as well. We will just have to make it ready beforehand." She says and we go over all of my options but settle on having our twins here in the pack hospital.

When my turn with the doc is done I go visit Mags. "Have you seen my doctor? I've been going all sabertooth tiger on his ass, and he's got a nice one from the looks of him." Are her first words to me and I know she really doesn't need to be here.

We visited with her getting our fill of laughs in, but the moment Darius stepped out for a second she got serious. "Thank all that's holy both my girls are ok," she sniffs reaching for me. I hug her and tell her what happened when I woke up after the crash.

"Thank God Darius insisted on you taking self defense lessons, who knows what could have happened to you without them." She's right and I really dont want to think of the alternative.

We stayed with Mags till she got sleepy then visited the others, our visit with Tori was kept brief. So that she could recover faster they have her resting as much as possible.

Mel and Janice were curled up in his bed together sleeping when we came by. So we left them to their sleep and were about to head home.

"Darius aren't you going to introduce me before you go?" A strong looking older set man came down the stairs as we past.

"Hi uncle Arthur, thankyou for helping us out." D says hugging the burly mountain man, who I now know is the Alpha of this pack and Malik and Tori's father.

"No need to thank me you're family and we look after our own," he says matter of factly then turns to me. "You must be Via it's a pleasure to meet you finally," he says then gives me a gental hug. "Welcome to our family, you're welcome here anytime."

"Thankyou so much that means more to me than you could imagine," I say and he smiles at me.

He invites us to stay for dinner tonight but right now I just want to go home. Sensing my need for our space, Darius asks for a rain check on the offer saying. "We just need to zen at home for a bit."

Arthur laughs, "no worries son I understand completely, I'll let your aunt know so that she doesn't flip out later."

"Oh where is Aunt Candice?" D asks looking around.

"She went to town with some pack members to go shopping for groceries and everyday items that need to be stocked up on," he shrugs and we say our goodbyes again before heading home.

"Can we soak in the tub after a shower?" I ask tiredly and D carries me inside.

"Sounds good to me," he says softly and takes us up stairs.

For those of you thinking we had sex for the rest of the night you are sadly mistaken. After our shower, that I barely had energy for. We soaked in our bath, but I don't remember much cause I passed out on top of Darius soon after entering.

But I woke the next morning relaxed, refreshed, and warm against my mate's chest in our bed. He even put me in my comfy jammies. My man is perfect I tell you!

I stretch then snuggle into Darius, making him chuckle. "Morning baby, how are you feeling? How are our babies treating you?" He asks and at the mention of them them began to move.

I gasped and grabbed his hand bringing it to my belly. He had a worried look till he felt them, then he had a look of wonder and joy. "We are better than good," I say and we laugh.

We layed in bed for a bit talking to our twins, watching them move around. It's the oddest but coolest sensation I've ever felt.

We decided on waffles for breakfast with bacon, eggs, and beans with cheese. That sounded so good to me I was starting to drool. I let Darius make breakfast so that I didn't drool over everything.

So I went into the living room and put on music, looking through my play list I settled on "you'll be in my heart" by Phil Collins. When the song started I slowly started to dance while singing to my babies.

When I looked up Darius was watching me with a look of absolute love.