Chapter thirty seven

I'm seven and a half months pregnant now and I'm so ready to have my babies. Not only because I want so badly to meet them but because I'm tired of being pregnant.

I feel like an obese penguin, though Darius loves the way I wattle he says I'm "so fucking cute!" That gets an eyeroll from me every time he says it. I'm so big I can't even see my feet anymore and I literally have to roll out of bed.

But enough about me today Janice and Malik are getting married, in a traditional wedding for the pack. I mean yes as soon as the mating process is done you are technically married, but he wanted to do this for her. Her first marriage had been an elopement and she has always wanted an actual wedding.

So right now I'm currently wearing a bridesmaid dress and helping her get ready. Her dress is so beautiful, with its sweetheart neckline, high waist, and the bottom looks like an upside down lily. Instead of a veil she has a crown of flowers in her hair.

"I don't think I've ever seen you so happy," Maggie sniffs.

"I'm so ready to do this!" Janice yells and we laugh.

"Ok it's time!" Tori says coming in her maid of honor dress. Since meeting officially the two have become very close.

"Right let's do this!" Janice practically bounces out of the room.

Smiling we take our places, originally I was supposed to walk in alone but with my belly so huge Darius pitched a fit. They then agreed to let him escort me to my spot.

Hot damn he is beyond handsome in his tux! I know I'm blushing from the cocky smirk hes got. "You look gorgeous babe," he whispers to me and I answer with, "you should wear tuxedos more often so I can RIP them of ya."

He barely keeps from laughing and gives me a "be have" look as he takes his spot across from me.

As Tori is making her way down the aisle movement to my right captures my attention. Looking over I see my cousin Michelle's cousin by marriage trying to go to her. When she looks at him it then becomes clear why, "mate" she says and her eyes go wide.

She then motions that she has to go up to her spot and mouths "later" to him and he nods. Oh wow hows that going to work I wonder. From what Darius has told me merpeople and werewolves rarely ever end up as mates.

For those wondering why they are here, well they came to visit finally and brought their cousin Newton "Newt" with them. "He's been thinking of moving more in land," is what they had said. Well I think he just found his spot.

As interesting as that is the music has changed and Janice escorted by Maggie is coming down the aisle. I sneek a look at the groom and he's got the biggest smile and his eye look a bit glassy to me. I look back at Janice and she looks the same as he does, its a truly beautiful thing to behold.

Maggie places Janice's hand in Malik's and in true Maggie fashion says, "make me grandbabies."

Everyone cracks up laughing, Janice just rests her head on Mel with her shoulders shaking showing her laughter. Maggie takes her place on one of the chairs that have been set up.

"Welcome everyone to the ceremony for my son and his mate to be joined in marriage.
If any of you have objections the door is that way don't let it hit you on your way out. *laughter from everyone*
Now then my son and his mate have written their own vows..." uncle Arthur say giving them the floor.

"Janice I've been searching for you all of my life. Now that I've found you I will love you and keep you safe for the rest of my life. You are the first person I want to see when I wake up, and the last that I see when I fall asleep. Since I've met you my heart has been filled to overflowing with happiness. I thank the Goddess for you every day, and as we start our lives together I know things will only get better." Malik says with pride.

"Malik you came into my life when I was still so broken from before, but you saved me. You healed my heart and made me whole again. You were patient with me, always making sure I was comfortable and secure with everything.
Then when we had gotten attacked you protected me and made sure I got away safely. I knew then that if I didn't get help and I lost you I would be a lost soul. You are my other half without you I'm just an empty shell. You have taught me the true meaning of love and happiness.
I thank the universe for bringing you to me and I cant wait to be your wife." Janice says with tears leaking down her face.

I was so moved I started to cry a bit, so I kinda missed what Arthur said but they were exchanging rings.

"Son you may now kiss your bride!" Uncle Arthur says and Malik dipped Janice kissing her making everyone laugh and cheer.

"Let's celebrate!" Uncle Arthur called out and the reception began.

Darius hustled over to me so I wouldn't get lost in the shuffle, as chairs were moved back over by the tables that had been set up earlier. He helped me wattle over to my chair before going to get us food.

As I sat I watched as others congratulated the bride and groom.

"There you are can we sit here too?"

I looked over to see my cousin and her mate standing next to the chairs next to me. "Yes ofcourse you can. Where's Newt?" I ask already with an idea.

"He grabbed his mate and ran off as soon as he could," Michelle and her mate said at the same time laughing.

"I'm so happy for them," I smile today is an amazing day.