Chapter four

After our waitress places our food down she asked if we needed anything else and Darius said no.
Smiling she left, leaving me with an unanswered question still hanging in the air "will I move in with him?"
Sadly my answer is already clear I just hope he doesnt freakout.
"I'm flattered but this is moving too fast can we slow it down a notch?" I ask trying to sound diplomatic.
"Yes, we can wait but can you think about it for me?" He has a pleading look.
"I will keep it in mind," I nod my head, then my stomach growls embarrassingly loud making me blush from my neck to my hairline.
"Let's eat," Darius winks picking up his spoon and I do the same, it is delicious. When our food was brought over it was brought over with dinner rolls as well. Reaching for one I see Darius has similar ideas and gives me a smirk. Looking down hoping he doesnt see how attracted I am to him I grab a roll. I tear it into four pieces and put some of my stew on the pieces then eat it. Darius copies my idea and hums his approval.
His humm sends butterflies to my belly and makes my heart speed up a bit. Is it the whole mate thing or am I just ridiculously attracted to him? I've never been this bad, dont get me wrong I've had crushes before but nothing like this. Also he makes me feel safe and wanted, but like I told him this is all going crazy fast, like lightspeed fast. Is it so wrong to slow down?
"I'm sorry if this disappoints you but..." is all I get out before he takes my hand and says, "I've waited my whole life for you I can wait till your ready to be with me, at least I know you exist, I get to talk to you, I can hold your hand, I get to know you. Like I said before I want you to feel comfortable with me, to want to be with me."
"That's just it I do but we dont even really know each other yet," whisper yell.
I thought he would be mad at how I said that but hes not his big smile says it all, "you do really?" Hes ecstatic.
"Ok how bout we play twenty questions," I say and he gives me a nod.
So the rest of out meal is spent eating and playing twenty questions. I now know his favorite color is blue, he loves chocolate, his parents died when he was little and his clan kicked him out. Out of fear of how strong he was when he was sixteen, he has the hottest flame of any dragon shifter before him. So they stripped him of his home and clan name leaving him alone.
"If they hadn't done that I might have been able to protect them," he says softly.
"Why what happened?" I lean closer curious.
"Hunters came in the middle of the night, only three survived the attack but died of their wounds later. If I had been there maybe they wouldn't have been able to kill everyone, I could have saved them." Here these people didn't care what happened to him when they took away all he had left of his family and he still loved them and thinks "what if or more if only" they didn't deserve him.
Before I can stop myself I get up and lean down kissing him, I guess I just wanted to offer comfort, his lips are soft and just so kissable. He wraps his arm around me pulling me onto his lap and deepens the kiss.
Coming up for air I look into his eyes and see so much love there.
"Dont worry we can still take it slow dating," he smiles, "but thankyou for wanting to comfort me and allowing me a taste of heaven." Say nuzzles me and I melt into him.
I'm so screwed it's going to be hell staying away from him but I cant just leap without looking, it could hurt both of us.  But I cant help wanting to be close to him, and he seems like he's on cloud nine, but I need to get off his lap and finish my food so I reluctantly do.  Sitting in my seat I see hes still smiling at me and I can't help smiling too, shaking my head I get back to my food.
After we finished eating our dinner the waitress returns asking if we want dessert? I look at the dessert menu with Darius and he gets the giant brownie and I get a fruit tart with icecream.
She leaves us again and we go back to twenty questions.  I'm having a great time, Darius is amazing company and he makes me laugh.  Hes unexpectedly very funny and has a great laugh too.  It makes my lower muscles clench though.
"Ok sorry if this ruins the mood but what were your parents like?" I ask curiously.
He smiles, "it's ok I dont get to talk about them much so I don't mind, my dad he was one of the clans top warriors.  He was strong and compassionate as well, with a great sense of humor who loved making mom and me laugh.  He was easy going but strict when it came to training, my mom was his mate so I knew I always wanted to have one as well, they were so in love.  My mom was half human, half dragon.  She was the kindest, sweetest disspositioned woman I've ever known, having said that she was a spitfire if you crossed her.  Their dragon forms were also magnificent my father's dragon was a black so dark he shone purple shimmers in the light and my mother's was silvery color that sparkled in the light." He says softly with a smile.
"What color is your dragon?" I ask wanting to see him someday.
Blushing he says, "maybe I'll let you see one day."
Omg he just blushed and it's so fucking cute, but before I can say another word our dessert arrives.