Chapter twenty five

Tears fall from my eyes as I look at the positive readout, turning I hold it out to the girls who quickly look at it.

"Oh my God, YES!!" they start bouncing together making me laugh.

"Hey babe are you alright?" Darius calls out walking into the house unable to wait outside with the others.

Nodding I turn smiling at him, "shes better than alright daddy-o!" Rachel crows.

Darius stops eyes wide he looks back at me and I nod again, his answering smile is immediate and he runs picking me up.

"I'm so happy baby, thankyou!" He says softly breathing me in.

"I love you D!" I say kissing him all over.

"I love you too baby!!" He says kissing my neck.

The moment is ruined by my stomach growling, I blush as the others start laughing.

"Let's get you fed my love," Darius says leading us out.

"Just keep the feet out of infront of me please!" I beg.

Lins laughs, "girl I feel you on that one I don't know how my sister can eat those things," she says making a face.

"Just wait till you start having weird cravings, mark my words they are coming," Ray says and we laugh.

"Wait what?" Henry asks.

"Everyone my beautiful mate is pregnant with our first baby," Darius says with pride.

"Yay uncle Dare is gonna be a daddy!" The kids all cheer making us laugh.

"We better send a message to Maggie or she will go crazy the next time we see her," I whisper to Darius and he chuckles imagining that.

I send a quick message to her and my phone starts ringing not a minute later.

I answer to her yelling, "IT'S ABOUT TIME! I'M GOING TO TAKE JANICE WITH ME AND WE ARE BUYING EVERYTHING BABY RELATED IN A THOUSAND MILE RADIUS!"

This earns laughter from everyone and greetings are exchanged as one part of my family meets the other. For someone who grew up in a orphanage I'm blessed with a huge extended family. Now with this new life growing inside me I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

Maggie and I get off the phone not long after and I begin to stuff my face.   Hours later after the sun has set Rachel and I catch up on everything we have missed in each others lives along with Lins.

The guys shoot the shit across the yard laughing at each other while starting a camp fire for the kids to roast marshmallows.

The sound of a vehicle approaching pulls out attention to the drive.

"Oh there's my man," Lins sighs. Turning to me she explains, "my mate is a firefighter and he just got off work."

"Oh," I nod.

"Hey Rudy how was your shift man?" The guys call out.

"Tiring, the most memorable thing was some guy managing to get his thing such in a jacuzzi jet. Who does that?" He asks no one in particular while shaking his head.

The guys are torn between laughing and cringing, while us ladies crack up laughing.

"Hey honey," Rudy leans down to kiss Lins.

"Hey hott stuff, you hungry I can fix you a plate?" She says smiling up at him.

"Sounds good I'm going go wash up a bit had to stop and help some teen fix a flat on the way," he says kissing her lips before heading inside.

"Oh sorry I didn't even introduce you two," she says looking at me.

"No worries you can when he comes out," I say with a nonchalant shrug.

Turns out Rudy is Henry's cousin, and the other guys are Henry's older brothers Thomas, Richard, Winston.

Darius comes over and sits next to me holding me against his side wanting to keep me warm, even though it's only slightly chilly.

"So y'all are expecting, congratulations you two," Rudy leans across the table to pat Darius' shoulder.

"Thanks man," Darius beams and I thank Rudy as well.

"Ok so I know this is really early to ask but where are you planning on having the baby?" Rachel asks and Lins nods.

"I don't know, the hospital?" I say it more as a question than an answer.

"I would rather us do a home birth or at the pack hospital," Darius says rubbing my back and I look at him with a quirked eyebrow.

"I hear its safer for you and the baby that way, not to mention with that other problem..." he says and my blood runs cold just thinking of the implications he's hinting at.

"What other problem?" Rudy asks sitting straiter making the guys listen closer.

I nod at Darius to tell them and he does, not surprisingly all of them end up giving off a rumbling growl in their chests.

"It's giving Via nightmares and she may not have said it but I know she dreads checking her emails now." He says with suppressed anger.

"You want us to extend patrols around your lands too? If so just say the word we'll talk to the Alpha about it, you know uncle Arthur won't have a problem with it." Henry says and the guys all nod.

"I don't want to make more work for the border guards but yeah it might help my peace of mind a bit. You know me, I'm protective as it is but with Via pregnant I'm probably going to be worse." Darius sighs.

"What do you mean probably you already are," Ray says and I giggle. She's not wrong, not only is he holding me close right now but he insisted on cutting all my food into tiny bite sized pieces earlier. We just found out I'm pregnant I have a feeling he's only going to get worse with time.

From the others laughter they agree starting a debate on which of the others with children were worse. It was the funniest discussion yet.

I tried to hide my yawn but failed miserably, "ok guys we need to call it a night my woman is sleepy and I do have work to get to early tomorrow," Darius says rubbing my arm.

We exchanged our good nights and promises to talk tomorrow then headed home. As soon as I was done with my nightly routine I crawled into bed and fell asleep as my head hit the pillow.