Chapter twenty

"Oh my god, not again," I whisper. Ok now I'm getting scared how does he keep sending me emails?

Flagging the email I create a new folder labeled Creepy and put the email in it. Looking into my computer's trash bin I flag the other one and move it into the folder also. Good thing I haven't emptied the trash bin yet.

I'm starting to get worried about this, but what should I do? I don't want to interrupt Darius and Henry. I shoot a text to Maggie and she sends back a string of curses.

That's not helping, she texts me again.

MAMA MAGGIE: you had better tell Darius about those emails when he gets home.

Me: yes I know but how did he even get my email and how the hell does he keep sending them after I blocked him?

Me: I don't see why he is emailing me

MAMA MAGGIE: I don't know sweetie but keep a record of it and send it to the authorities so they have it on file.

Me: I put them in a separate file just incase but haven't opened them at all.

Me: ok I'll keep you up dated, oh my cousin and her mate will be coming to town would y'all like to have dinner with us when they come?

MAMA MAGGIE: dinner sounds good, maybe not as they are coming 😉 but yeah sounds fun.

Me: 😳😳😳😳😑😑😑 omg Mags thank God I wasn't drinking I would have either choked or spit it out all over the place!

MAMA MAGGIE: your welcome 😗😙😚😘

Me: 🙄🙄🙄😏

MAMA MAGGIE: GOT TO GO BINGO IS IN 20 MINUTES 😘

Me: have fun!

Elsewhere in a messy room with pictures of Via on the wall....

"Don't worry my sweet Via, I'll get you away from that lizard."

I still remember the first time I saw her, we were just little kids going to elementary school.

She was a sweet angel, kind to everyone. She stood up for others when the older kids would be bullies.

Then my parents died and I was sent to my grandparents home. My grams was a good woman. She made sure I was always fed and warm, and when I was hurt she saw that my wounds were properly cared for.

The old man was another story, he was a total hard ass. He beat the shit out of me saying "it's the best way to learn to fight... now put your arms up damnit!" He also had a really bad drinking problem that started when he lost his position.

I suffered many broken bones at the hands of that man in the name of "training," you see he was once the head of a long line of "hunters." I was taught to fight hand to hand, with weapons, and poisons.

It was all shit the only thing I had ever wanted was Via. So when the old man came at me when he was drunk after beating my grams, I killed him.. I was seventeen.

We got rid of his body in such a way that nobody would ever find him, not that anybody would care to, Good riddance I say.

But I guess that somewhere along the way I became fucked up... one night I fucked some chick I didn't even like. She cried rape so her boyfriend wouldn't dump her boney ass. That's how I found my ass behind bars for awhile.

By the time I got out and went to looked up Via she no longer lived at the orphanage and they wouldn't say where she went.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK..

Then by chance or maybe fate, one night I went with a coworker to some Mexican restaurant, where that dipshit got drunk talking about how his girl left him for her boss. Not really listening to him I just ate my food that is till he wondered off making a scene.

That's when I saw who he grabbed. It was Via.. my Via that I had been looking for. Before I could get to her some asshole, a shifter picked her up and left.

I heard those she was with say he was her mate, HELL FUCKING NO!

Not for long, I'm going to get rid of the damn lizard and make Via my wife like she was always ment to be. Just wait Via I'll save you.

Via's POV

I chose to wait for Darius to get back home before reporting the emails. I was so distracted that I lost track of time and didn't even look at what we had to make dinner.

I was jolted out of my gaze when Darius came in his smile disappearing when he looked at me.

"What's wrong?" He came to me looking me over for any sign of injuries.

"I need to show you something, I may just be over reacting but this worries me," I say showing him the emails.

"Did you read them?" He asks and I shake my head. He opens them and reads, a few minutes later smoke is coming out of his nose and he moves away from the computer.

"What did it say?" I ask timidly.

"Basically detailed accounts of what this person wants to do with you sexually, also that they want to take you as their wife." His anger rises as he speaks and I go hug him to calm him down.

"Darius I trashed the first one not reading it and then the second one popped up after I blocked the sender. I don't know how this sicko even got my email." I say then tell him how this guy got arrested for rape a few years ago.

"Do you know them?" He asks.

"We went to school together but we didn't really know each other, he was in a different class and a grade above mine. He left after his parents died in an accident of some sort and then I heard about his arrest a few years ago." I say shivering in a not good way.

"Ok we'll call the cops get it on record but they probably won't do anything about it yet unfortunately because he hasn't made a direct threat just lewd
emails." Darius says rubbing the back of his neck.

I snuggle into him and he holds me, why is that creep trying to talk to me?