Chapter 53- True Strength Of an Archbishop

The pressure this man exudes... it's like fighting against the ocean's fierce currents. He's most likely getting serious now that his shawl is off. The aura that envelopes his whole body is now a golden color like he's wearing a suit of armor. His calm demeanor, and that fire in his eyes... Is this the true power of an Archbishop? Or is he hiding more power underneath?

"Hey, Archbishop Zolvo!" Isaac yelled. "Show us your final form already! Your spider buddy showed hers! You should have one too!"

Final form? What is he talking about?

"You have no right to witness the blessing I have received from the gods themselves." He spat with distaste. "How presumptuous of you!"

That was when the first move was made. After taking a step forward, the ground cracked under his weight, and he flew toward his first victim: Isaac.

"So, it's me you want, huh?"

Isaac raised a single hand at the charging bull that is Zolvo. He clicked his tongue when nothing of note happens. "Tch. As I thought. Now I'm sure why [Energy Manipulation] doesn't affect the archbishop's golden light."

Isaac dodged Zolvos punch as it landed on the ground, a big hole forming from the impact. Myra unsheathed two daggers strapped to her legs and charged at the man, Zelke following along with her. Myra would attack Zolvo from behind while Zelke took the front. Isaac was just about to join in on the fight until I pulled him back.

"Uh, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I have something important to say. Back then, when I was about to die, a weird message popped up in front of my ey-"

"Second Mana Formation Completed, right?" Isaac answered quickly. I raised an eyebrow at him curiously.

"If you knew what I was going to say... does that mean you underwent the same thing too?"

"Yup. After I lit the Arachne's ass on fire, Myra shot a big ol' arrow at her, but the spider lady had a shield up against it. I took that chance to use up all my mana against her using fire when I was on the verge of death and all, and that was when something clicked inside of me... long story short, I roasted her ass, giving Myra the chance to land the kill shot."

Hm... Hearing Isaac's story, we had one part in common. Our magic evolved to a new level when we were on the verge of death. Does that mean when you're in a life-threatening situation, your magic can soar to new heights? Interesting...

"Okay. I'll keep this short. I went through the same process. Now, I can use guns too instead of just blades."

BAM!

Our heads turned instantly at the three duking it out. Zelke received a hardy blow to the stomach and was launched through several homes. The Bellagros warrior jumped out of the rubble- bleeding and bruised, and quickly got back into the fight.

"We'll talk more about this later. Right now, you should go help Myra and Zelke."

"And what are you going to do?"

I took one glance at my hand and back to Zolvo.

"I want to test out this new power."

A mere gun I just whipped up in a hurry while severely hurt managed to scratch him. Now that I feel a tiny bit better and more focused, I could give him more than a scratch.

Isaac knew what I was up to and nodded. Sword in hand, he joined Zelke and Myra.

"Status..."

Name: Laila