Chapter 11- The Past

"Morg, you arrived." Solgen said with a strained tone.

Morgac issued Solgen a curt bow. "I came running as soon as I heard you arrived. The last time I saw your face was when... that happened..."

Morgac and Solgen silently stared at each other. It was hard to read their expressions. Are they overcome with so much positive emotion that they are too stunned to speak? Or are they thinking of numerous ways to kill one another?

Isaac broke the ice by speaking up first. "What did Volken do that allowed you three to live? I'm guessing it was terrible since Solgen was imprisoned by him and all..."

"That I can tell you. Pardon me." The old man sauntered inside the lounge area and sat on an open chair. "There we go... Now then. What Volken did in the past was very simple actually." He tilted his upwards and closed his eyes...

****

I was kneeling on the ground holding my abdomen as a warm liquid was seeping through my hands. "Volken! What are you thinking in that head of yours?! Geugh..."

"Quiet Morg!" Volken snapped. He then bowed his head as far as it could go for the 7 beings who stood before us. "Oh, great Pillars... please spare our lives..."

"Spare you guys? Hah! Don't make me laugh. You came marching in here like the insignificant ants you are looking for scraps!" It was a little girl giggling madly while pointing at Volken. She wore a light gray dress that seemed to be imbued with moonlight, almost like glow-in-the-dark Sketchers. She was barefoot and levitating most of the time. Her irises seemed to change to different phases of the moon depending on her emotions- and right now it was at the full moon phase.

"Luna, this isn't the time to be laughing. We should at least hear them out..." This time a little boy with fiery red hair was speaking. His voice sounded serene, but underneath that tranquil exterior was a beast waiting to be unleashed. The boy's skin glowed an orange tint on his copper skin- as if he spent years out in the sun. It was a great contrast to his counterpart Luna, who was pale. His iris' resembled the sun, the outer edges somewhat flickering ever so often.

Shut up, Solis! You shouldn't be talking! I could have sworn you burned at least two of their 'friends' with no remorse?" Luna snickered behind her hand.

Solis gave Luna a dirty look. "Well, they were both pointing their weapons at me, so I had no other choice."

"Liar! You probably enjoyed it!"

"Silence..." said a bland voice. The bickering pair both shut their mouths at the command. The leader of the group walked up toward the feeble man on the ground. The leader of the Pillars was a handsome man with curly, jet-black hair and a slightly curved nose. He had a stubble chin and a square jawline. Whenever he moves, his teardrop earrings would sway like trees fighting against a storm.

"You want us to spare you? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't dirty my hands of you filth." The man's voice, devoid of emotion looked down at Volken with a blank stare, like we were simply an inconvenience to him.

Volken gulped down the fear rising in his throat. "If you were to spare our lives, I would personally make sure no one would oppose you ever again..." He said through gritted teeth.

"Volken!" Solgen was leaning against her sword as she struggled to get up. Some parts of her skin had scorch marks while little shards of ice were scattered around her hair, almost like a crown.

"You wouldn't oppose us huh... You feeble creatures weren't capable enough for that anyways..." He started to tap his foot on the ground as if he was actually pondering this amusing situation. The tapping suddenly stopped, and the man gave his answer.