Chapter 24- Preliminaries (2)

"I-I-I-I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! Isaac has done what we thought was nearly impossible! He managed to decommission all the golems with just a wave of his hand! JUST WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER FROM IGNI TOWN?" Nevar roared to the exuberant audience.

"ISAAC! ISAAC! ISAAC! ISAAC!" The crowd thumped with exhilaration while screaming his name in sync. My brother was relishing in his newfound fame, ignoring the other participants ogling.

"Do you feel satisfied now after your little performance?" I sneered.

"Satisfied? Hardly. I'll only feel satisfied once I crush the competition." He laughed. Isaac picked a pebble off the ground and crushed it between his fingers, the residue highlighting his fingertips. While I was staring at Isaac's fingers, the Golems were now back in their original positions, awaiting their next target.

Nevar nodded his bird head and addressed the audience. "The Golems have now been reset! After that astonishing performance by Isaac, I don't think it'll be topped! The crowd is still in an uproar!"

"WOOOOOOOOO!" The crowd answered almost immediately.

"Alas, the tournament must continue. The next participating will be..." Like before, he pulled out another slip of paper. "Number twenty-eight! Please make your way up to the arena!"

"Haw Haw! It is now my turn!" A jubilant voice rang out. This time it's the Demogre from earlier that was badmouthing us in the lobby. "If small fry like you can get thirty points, I can easily get double. If only there were more of them, haw haw..."

While it trudged up the steps, Isaac yelled out to him in a mocking tone. "Don't hurt yourself out there! There's no shame if it becomes too difficult!"

"You little..." It looked ready to beat Isaac to a pulp but stopped itself from continuing and just turned away. "I have more important matters to attend to..." The Demogre grumbled.

It was now standing at the edge with Nevar. "Hello there! Aren't you full of muscle! What's your name and where are you from?"

"I am Doukur from the outskirts of the Wyvern Zone!" The Demogre boomed.  As soon as Doukur mentioned his birthplace, a sort of tribal chant arose from the stands. It was coming from the monsters who had their bellies painted. They were extremely loud, even amongst all the chatter in the jam-packed stadium. Nevar squinted his eyes at the Demogres in the crowd. "Oh? Just who are those fans of yours, Doukur?"

"Hahaha! They are friends and family members of course!" Doukur grinned.

"Riveting... now then, how many of these Golems will you start with, Doukur?"

Doukur pointed his large meaty thumb at the snickering Isaac. "Every single one of them! I will not be outshined by that little cub!"

Yep. Isaacs' living rent-free in his head right now. Was that his plan all along? I'm surprised it worked.

"It looks like we have another challenge! Will it be another sweep? WHAT DOES THE AUDIENCE THINK?"

"SWEEP THEM! SWEEP THEM!" They chanted.

"And there you have it, Doukur! Whenever you are ready!" Nevar granted as he exited the stage. The Demogre pounded his chest in a drum-like beat as if he was a gorilla intimidating its enemies, his loincloth swaying like a reed. The Golems sprang to life at his provocation and charged. He reached from behind and pulled out a studded metal club four feet in length. It looked like it has gone through numerous battles as it had splotches of dried blood and some parts of the metal chipped.

"Yes! Come to me! Haha!" He cackled with joy. Doukur bent his legs slightly just before the first wave of Golems could reach him and leaped high into the air, causing the ground he was standing on to crack from the pressure.