Chapter 29- The Tournament (4)

With a big grin on his face, Doukur started to bull rush me with incredible speed. He swung his club downwards, intent on casting it upon my head.

"Heh! Are you trying to kill me, meathead?" I chuckled. I jumped back a few paces as the spot I was just at was crushed- sharp rocks flying in every direction. I held my arm up, shielding my eyes from the debris. When I looked up, the Demogre threw a heavy punch at my face. If I had to describe what the impact felt like, it was as if I was punched in the face by five Mike Tysons in their prime. I probably would've been KO'd if it wasn't for my durability level.

"Oh? You ate that punch like a champ! Haw haw! That is what I like to see."

"You call that a punch? I didn't feel it at all..." I taunted, wiping my cheek. I reciprocated the favor and launched a punch of my own at the Demogres' stomach, as promised. Even though he saw it coming, he made no effort to dodge it, and simply took it. When my fist connected, I was quite shocked. Doukur's skin was hard. It was like I was throwing a punch at a sandbag filled with rocks!

"I gotta hand it to you, little chick... that hu-"

As if I would let you finish! While he was jabbering away, I grabbed him by his arms and pulled him downwards. As I lowered Doukur, I drove a fierce tiger knee at his chin. The Demogre's head shot back from the whiplash.

"And here's a spin kick from me!"

The ogre was still disoriented from my blow, so I wasted no time and spun around, my outstretched leg hitting him in his midsection. With him now off balance, his heavy body sunk, and was now lying flat on his back.

"FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, DOUKUR HAS BEEN KNOCKED DOWN! IS HE NOT ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH ISAAC?"

...It's not over yet, that much I can tell you. I'm sure my attacks didn't damage him all that much.

And what do you know? My opponent was now steadily rising him, moving his jaw around. I could faintly hear rattling noise coming from inside of him. His mouth suddenly stopped, and he spat out two pieces of his tooth.

"That was a good hit there. Looks like you aren't a little chick after all..." The composed creature proceeded to rotate his head around, his neck cracking in the process.

"Hm... Yes... It should be happening soon. I can feel it." The ogre who was always boisterous and proud was now quietly muttering to himself.

The hell is he going on about? What's happening soon? I should keep my eyes peeled just in case. Should I just finish this right now? I want to keep having fun with him though...

While I was contemplating what I should do, I didn't notice Doukur was already a few inches from my face.

"...!"

"Pay attention to the fight, little cub." The Demogre growled. He swung his weapon at me, but I was able to hold my arms up in a defensive stance last second. My bones creaked from the impact, but I still held my ground. I launched a kick at his head while holding his club down, hoping it had some effect, yet he shook it off and lifted the club. I was dangling off the weapon like a human wind chime.

BAM!

Doukur delivered a mighty punch at my beloved stomach, causing me to jet across the arena. I landed at the edge, my head dangling. A blaze of pain embodied my midsection as I gasped for air.

"Oof! The Demogre gave Isaac a very powerful blow to his side! It looks like Isaac seems to be struggling greatly!" Nevar winced.

Okay... I think it's time to use my mana or risk getting my ass kicked even more...