Chapter 46- A Brothel

"W-We don't have any cash to give you..."

...Stop...

"Hold on a minute... let's talk about this! There are kids here!"

"There ain't shit to talk about. Where's the money!"

...Don't do it!

"Drop the gun!"

"Honey!"

Mom! Dad! Don't do i-

Blam!

"Ah? Awake now, are we?"

"..."

My eyes shot open as I woke up in a cold sweat. It felt like I'd just awoken from a nightmare, but I can't seem to remember what it was about. I squinted my eyes at the heavily lit room. There were many crates and barrels scattered around the dusty place.

Is this some sort of cellar? Are we in a bar or someone's secret lair?

In front of me was a man sitting on a chair staring at me nonchalantly. He had short gray hair and stormy, lavender eyes that seems to glow whenever. The person in front of me was none other than Airon, the guy we'd been chasing.

"It's you!" I grunted. I tried to stand up, but I couldn't budge. Glancing downwards, my arms and legs were tightly bounded to a chair. Airon whistled as I struggled to rip these things apart.

"You aren't getting out of those anytime soon. Might as well get comfortable as we'll be here for a while."

"Shut up. Once I tear this rope apart, I'm sticking my rapier up your ass." I warned. Even then, no matter how hard I struggled, the rope wasn't getting any looser. I thought about using a mana blade and stabbing him with it, but I saw no available openings to exploit. He was way too on guard against a person who can't move.

"Woah now. No need to get so feisty. Why don't we talk to each other for a little bit?" Airon grinned as he reached into his pocket with a gloved hand. What he took out was a black crystal. He waved it in front of my face in a mocking manner.

"Your little posse is looking for this thing, right? This prophetic crystal... The Oracle..."

"..."

"Staying quiet, eh? No matter. I love a good listener. I tend to rabble on anyways." He chuckled. He stuffed the crystal back into his pocket and crossed his arms while speaking.

"So. Tell me about Earth. How is it over there compared to here? I'm quite interested, frankly."

I knitted my eyebrows at Airon's weird question. I was about to curse him out and tell him to get lost, but I swallowed back my words.

...How should I approach this? This guy is talkative, sure, but I don't like his vibe at all. He's hiding many things being that composed demeanor. Maybe I could butter him up and have him spill some information by accident...

"Hm... You say how Earth is compared to here?"

"That is what I said, yes."

"I don't know if this is the answer you're expecting, but it's a shithole of a planet. Wars are frequent on Earth, people are split on whether the planet is dying quicker than perceived because of us, and Humans are assholes to everything and anyone."

Airon was taken aback by my brief conclusion about Earth. He scratched his head and opened his mouth once more.

"Well, that was an unexpected brief summa-"

His words were cut off as I interjected. Mostly just to piss him off.

"Even though it's a shithole of a planet and there are many negatives about it, the positives heavily outweigh them. There are those who lie, kill, steal, and pillage just like the residents on this planet. Yet, even then, there are many kinder folks who speak the truth, don't needlessly harm others, and show their hospitality to friends and strangers."