Chapter 25- Preliminaries (3)

"Number thirty! Please make your way up to the arena!" Nevar called out. It was finally my turn to come up on the stage. The one before me was a Werewolf named Lycaon. Black fur all over his tall and muscular body, a long snout with razor-sharp fangs and claws capable enough to rend through the toughest of armor like it was butter. When you get a glimpse into his eyes though, in contrast with his rough and eerie body, you could feel sadness radiating out of his pupils. I was paying close attention to his features when we passed by each other. With quick strides, I was standing in the arena. I stopped myself in front of the announcer.

"Hello there, young miss! Care you state your name and where you come from?" Nevar asked calmly. Even though it's been hours since the preliminaries started, Naver's voice has yet to waver slightly due to all the commentating he has done individually. From my perspective, you could call him one of the best in his profession.

I tried my best in suppressing the nervousness in my voice and spoke into the microphone. "Ahem. It's Laila and I come from Igni Town."

An unfamiliar glint flashed across Nevar's eye. "Another representative of Igni Town? What is your relationship with Isaac?"

Why is he asking that kind of question all of a sudden? Is it for entertainment purposes?

"Uh, does it matter?" I replied cautiously.

"Just humor us for a moment." He whispered into my ear. Naver was now somehow pleading with me using his bird face, similar to puppy-dog eyes. Or more like raven-eyes?

I inwardly sighed and surrendered. "Okay... he is my brother."

An evil smirk spread across his beak as he turned to the audience. "AND THERE IT IS FOLKS! WE HAVE A SIBLING RIVALRY GOING ON! FROM IGNI TOWN NO LESS!"

Ah shit. I should've seen that one coming a mile away.

I could only facepalm in embarrassment as Naver got the crowd riled up.

"Well then, Laila, how many will you take on? The same as your brother perhaps?" Nevar said.

I thought long and hard while I watched from the sidelines. I feel as if Isaac was easily able to decommission the golems because of his [Energy Manipulation]. Since Torqinite was embedded within their chests to power them, he probably sucked the mana within the Torqinite, causing them to cease functioning. Doukour was able to get by through brute strength that I couldn't hope to compete with. I think I'm strong myself, but I mostly rely on my agility so I should take full advantage of that perk. Think of it as a training session.

"I'll start with one of them and work my way up, am I able to do that?" I asked Nevar. At my inquiry, I was given a skeptical look by Naver. The audience quieted down and was confused about what I was asking.

"Er, If I'm understanding correctly... you want to start off small and increase the number of golems gradually?" Nevar affirmed.

"Yes."

He shrugged at my nonchalant answer and backed away. "Whenever you're ready miss!"

I gave him a small wave indicating to start.

Okay. How should I do this? Should I just use my fists and test the waters? Nah... too barbaric. Maybe activate [Mana Weapon Construction]? Not that either. I shouldn't show others my magic too carelessly...

While I was thinking, a single Golem was already activated and barreled toward me.

As I thought. I should be straightforward. No need to think about it deeply.

I muttered the word Status and navigated toward Inventory. Reaching my arm out, I pulled out the black rapier Venny has crafted. This would be my first time doing a trial run with it, and the perfect lab rats are laid out right in front of me.