Chapter 3- A Mysterious Cave

The first thing I saw when opening my eyes was a rugged ceiling filled with stalactites. It was only visible due to some parts of this area being illuminated by some sort of blue mineral. Looking behind, there was a cluster of rocks that looks like it would be impossible to break through. There was only one way for us to go through though, and that's in the opposite direction. Even with my improved vision, I can barely make out what's on the other side since there's barely any light, to begin with. That is to be expected of a cave with little to no light obviously.

I can hear a whistle from Isaac nearby. "We got good news and bad news. Which one do ya wanna hear first?"

"I want to hear some good news at this point..."

"Alright then. The good news is this!" Isaac started moving his fingers in the air as he is presumably going through the Menu. After a couple of seconds, something materializes in his hand. What used to be nothing but air, Isaac can be seen grabbing a longsword.

"Woah! Be careful with that thing! You might impale yourself with it."

"I can handle this thing easily. I got this baby from navigating the Menu. That's what I call this whole system collectively. Makes it easier for me. Anyways, a new tab called Inventory showed up right next to the Status tab. I pressed this new function, and I saw the sword just sitting there. Tapping It made it materialize right into my hands."

"Wow. It's times like these that make me grateful you play lots of video games. You're very quick at adapting to this situation."

"I wouldn't have gotten into games if it weren't for you. After all, you wanted to keep me occupied while we were dealing with our past problems. It's like you always say, we must move forward."

I couldn't help but smile a little, hearing Isaacs' words.

"Status"

Sure enough, a new tab called Inventory opened. Upon entering, five square boxes can be seen with one already occupied: the same weapon as Isaac.

"There's only a limited amount of space in this thing..."

"That's the bad news I was referring to earlier. I wanted an unlimited bag but instead, we got this."

I wonder how things like this are possible. Weapons are being stored from god knows where and appear god knows how. Mulling over it won't make me understand it easier as it defies common sense.

Hovering a finger over the weapon, a small tap was all it needed for the longsword to appear in my hands.

"I expected this to be a bit heavy even with our new strong bodies but it's extremely light. Unnaturally so."

"It's kinda cool not gonna lie. Is this what it feels like to be a swordsman in medieval times?" After the remark Isaac made, he started swinging the sword with a big grin on his face.

"Didn't I just tell you a minute ago to be careful with yours-"

Thump...Thump

Isaac and I snapped our heads towards the unknown sound coming through the passageway. Testing out my new hearing, I focus all my attention to discern what we heard.

Thump...Thump...Thump

Are those footsteps that I'm hearing? It sounds light but slow as if whatever is coming this way is cautious. I glanced at Isaac who has already gotten into a stance, patiently waiting. Scanning the area, there were no places to hide behind. Knowing this, I quickly jogged toward Isaac and whispered softly into his ear.

"There are no places to hide and there is a dead-end behind us. We both know that this is a sort of 'dungeon' since we were alerted of this before being transported. With what we were presented so far, like these weapons, I think it's safe to say we were meant to fight here."