Chapter 27- The Tournament (2)

"Who do you think will win between them?" I asked Isaac.

Isaac gave me a sideways glance and looked back at the fight occurring between the two. "You're joking, right? Are we watching the same fight?"

In the arena, Doukur was smashing away at Tholdreds small army of rock Golems with ease as the Dwarf sweats profusely. According to the announcer's commentary, Dwarves are naturally attuned to the terra, or Earth as I would like to call it. Because of that, they are able to freely command the terra as they wish as long as they have the mana capacity and focus to do so. Basically, this is a terrible match-up for Tholdred.

"Ah screw it. Wasting mana on this 'ere muscle-head." The Dwarf sighed. Tholdred swung his war hammer face down, causing the remaining Golems to slink back onto the ground.

"Finally fighting me head-on with no petty tricks, Dwarf?" The Demogre gloated. Doukur with fire in his eye stomps toward the haggard man.

"Yeah, I guess so. Hmph!" Without warning the Dwarf's muscles grew larger. He looked like a five-foot-three man who spent all his life in the gym.

"Holy shit! He reminds me of that one guy on the internet! What was his name again..." Isaac exclaimed loudly.

"Are those muscles just for show, Dwarf?" Doukur said with a condescending sneer. The Dwarf on the other hand wasn't fazed by the remark.

"Why don't you come and find out?"

"Of course!" The Demogre leaped high into the air and cast his metal club downward at the Dwarf. Tholdred didn't have enough time to dodge so he tensed his muscles and raised his hammer to block. As the two weapons collided, a loud ringing noise reverberated across the stadium, akin to two metallic boulders crashing into each other at hyper speed.

"Oh? You were able to block that?" Doukur said.

"Hurk...!" The Dwarf grimaced. Tholdred was struggling against Doukur as he was being overpowered with brute strength alone. Tholdred shifted his leg forward and a small Golem appeared behind Doukur who had no idea until it was too late. The Golem climbed on top of his back and wrapped its arm around his thick neck, putting the Demogre in a headlock.

"JUST WHEN WE THOUGHT THOLDRED WOULD CEASE HIS GOLEM CREATIONS, HE CREATED ANOTHER ONE WHILE HIS OPPONENT WAS DISTRACTED!" The announcer said. Nevar won't be able to commentate as much during these matches as the fighters can also hear him. One slip-up and it would be considered cheating, so he has to watch what he says.

Tholdreds plan seemed to have worked as Doukurs grip on his weapon was getting loose. Tholdred noticed it right away and was able to get away by parrying. The Golem, on the other hand, was destroyed as Doukur grabbed it from behind and crushed it.

"Do you think you can defeat me that easil-"

BOOM!

"Huh?" Doukur asked dubiously. A hole that wasn't there previously appeared near Doukurs foot. He looked up into the sky and was met with a shower storm of rocks.

"That must've done some damage to him..." Tholdred mumbled. He didn't move a muscle as he waited patiently for the dust to settle.

"Haw haw haw... is that all you got?" A haughty voice rumbled. Doukur jumped out of the screen of dust and landed right in front of the Dwarf. Tholdred was shocked for a moment but regained his composure and swung his war hammer at Doukur, but he effortlessly caught it in his hand.

"I think it's about time to end this. You are no match for me." Doukur frowned. The brute tossed the hammer far away and glared at Tholdred. The Dwarf looked at the hammer and back to the Demogre bewildered and sighed.