44.

"Are you planning on going to see her before or are you waiting until after the game?" Keira said as we sat on the plane to London. "We agreed for after, we don't want to get distracted" i said and Keira agreed.

The plane journey was short and when we landed in London I felt comfortable already. As we drove out of the airport I recognised each street and I felt at home. I was home. And that was all I needed.

We got to our hotel no too far from the emirates where we will be playing tomorrow. I'm so excited, I haven't played here before. I didn't get the chance with arsenal and now I'm playing against them here. It's funny how things have worked out. I think a lot of people would say it's weird that I changed so quickly but if they knew what happened behind the scenes I'm sure they'd understand.

We were told our schedule for the next few days, for the remaining of today we have lunch just now before we leave to train in the stadium at 3. After that we are going to have dinner and then we have a meeting about tomorrows match.

***

As I walked out of the tunnel with a Barcelona training kit on it felt weird. I had always dreamt to walk out in an arsenal kit to play for my club but I'm not, its the day before I walk out in a Barcelona kit. Don't get me wrong this club is the best in the world and I'm privileged to play for such a huge club. It's just it won't feel the same knowing I'm not walking out in my home club, the club I grew up to watch and love.

"Bella you good?" Keira asked patting my back as she walked past me, I was zoned out when I got to the pitch. "Yeah yeah I'm fine" I said stepping onto the pitch.

It was a light session, getting everyone used to the pitch for tomorrow. When we finished I got changed quickly because I was starving, as I was walking to get onto the bus I bumped into somebody, I had headphones in so I took them out. "I am so sorry" I said picking up the paper they had dropped, when I looked up I saw Gary who is a background staff member. "Oh it's great to see you gary, how've you been" I asked as I hugged him. "I'm great, everything's going well, how's life in barca" he asked with a huge smile. "Yeah great actually" I said with a smile similar to his. We spoke for a little while until I was told the bus was leaving, I said my goodbye and hopped onto the bus. It's always nice to see a familiar face. And I'll be seeing a lot more of them tomorrow.

***

"Oh my word. She is simply outstanding. Bella smith, take a bow"

I couldn't believe it, I had just scored a perfect free kick against my former club. I didn't know how to feel or what to do. I ran in front of the camera kissing both my wrists with mum and dad written on them. This was the most special moment ever. I didn't want it to end. My teammates came rushing over, jumping on me which made me fall to the ground. It took a few moments until I got helped to my feet again from Lucy, "great goal kiddo" she said patting my back. "Thanks" I replied with the biggest smile on my face. As I was jogging back I saw alexia come over to me, "magnífica (magnificent)" she said with a smile which I returned. We were now 3-0 up with 20 minutes remaining, I had assisted one and scored one. I don't think my return could go any better.

I spotted Jenni in the box with Leah marking her, I knew them both well and that Jenni was going to come across the from of Leah, Leah wouldn't realise and I would play a lace to the front so Jenni could finish. I did what I had imagined and it was perfect, my exact vision of the situation. I ran and jumped on her lucky enough she caught me, everyone was shouting vamos as they came running over. I really do love this team.

After we jogged back ready for play to resume I saw the board go up and I was coming off. I understood why and started to walk off, I heard arsenal fans clapping for me which made me tear up a little, if only It was the other way around and I was scoring in the champions league for them as they were clapping me off for their team. I showed my appreciation back to them as I got a standing ovation from the arsenal fans. I had a huge smile on my face as I sat down in the dug out.

The game ended 4-0 us which puts us at a huge advantage for the 2nd leg, as I walked out of the dug out the first person I saw was Katie, "nice game kid" she said shaking my hand, "thanks, you played well too" I replied before going to shake my former teammates hands. I had a few conversations with them before Leah came over to me, I couldn't help myself but hug her, I rested my head in the crook of her neck. I kissed her neck gently as you couldn't see my face. "We'll played amor" i said quietly so only she could hear, "thanks but you were unmatched today. You turned us up" she said with a slight chuckle. "I love you" I said pulling away from the hug, "I love you more" she said with a smile slightly bigger than before. "I'll see you in the tunnel lee" I said and she agreed. We knew there was lots of cameras and more importantly our teammates were all here. Lucky enough my team won but Leah's lost and I don't think her team would be happy if they saw us both together like this.

"Mapi this is Leah, leah this is mapi" I said introducing the centre backs to one another. "It's nice to meet you" leah said with a smile, "hola Leah" mapi said with a similar smile. We were outside the away changing room as the game finished about 40 minutes ago. We were all showered and changed ready to leave and Leah saw me and mapi and came over.

"You played really good, your a good defender" Leah said and mapi smiled, "Gracias, you too. You will soon be the mejor" mapi said and Leah looked at me confused, "the best" I translated to her. "Ah yes I hope so" she said really happily. "The bus is waiting" mapi said pointing in the direction of the bus. "You go I'll catch up" I said to mapi and she said her goodbyes to Leah. "I'll see you tomorrow my love" I said wrapping my arms around her neck before kissing her, "I guess so mi amor" Leah said with a wink, "impressive" I said with a giggle, she was picking up on the Spanish.

As I got onto the bus everyone was staring at me, "what?" I said and a few of them laughed. "We saw the whole thing" Lucy said clearing the confusion up, "ohhh" I said quietly with a red face. "You guys are cute" Keira said as I sat behind her, "Gracias" I replied. "You seriously need to speak more English your gonna be speaking fluent Spanish soon and you'll forget how to speak English" Keira said making everyone laugh. "No Bella, keep" alexia said making me laugh.

We got back to the hotel and I immediately started packing my things, what I mean by things is all my Barcelona gear. I didn't bring anything apart from that and me and Leah are going out tomorrow so I'll just need to find something out of her wardrobe. "In a rush to get away?" Vicky said with a laugh, she can speak good English. She learnt it in school and well I mean she should still be in school right now but I think she does it online. "Going out with Leah tomorrow, so best get a head start tomorrow since it'll be a rush" I said and she nodded, "ohh right you've got a date" she said winking. "She's my girlfriend, so I don't know if it's still called a 'date'" I replied laughing, she looked a shocked. "Awh that's great, I think it is" she said as she sat on her bed. I smiled at the teen. "Where you going then?" She asked propped up on the bed, "erm I'm not sure yet, she said she's got it planned" I said smiling just thinking about spending time with her. "I wonder where she'll take you. Maybe to a 5 star restaurant or to she cool crazy golf around the corner" she said getting excited, "I think your the one that wants to go do all them things, I just want to be with her, I don't care where" I replied and she looked at me disgustingly, "gross, old love" she said making me laugh. "Yeah. Wouldn't have it any other way" I said before hopping into bed.

I fell asleep thinking about tomorrow. It made me so happy.

——————