30.

Todays the day. I don't think I've ever been so nervous. It's 7am and the game kicks off in roughly 8 hours. I'm never normally up so early but todays just different. I done the usual morning routine and headed down to get breakfast, I think some of the girls had the same idea.

"Morning guys" I said getting myself eggs, I pulled a chair beside Sam and Jenna. "You guys nervous too?" I ask them and they nod, "never been so nervous in my life" Sam says with a laugh. "Confident but shitting bricks" Jenna says making us burst out laughing, we know it's true.

"How is it like at arsenal, like I mean your with all them too class players like Miedema. I'm so jealous" Sam asks, "and Leah Williamson" Jenna adds and I go red. "Oh is there something your not telling us?" Sam asks me and I get nervous, "omg do you like Leah" Jenna adds and I force out a nervous laugh. "We'll erm, we are kinda seeing one another" I say and they both slap their mouths in shock, "I'm surprised you didn't know, Lisa blabs off to everyone" they both laugh. "Umm how long" Jenna asks me, "well umm we were dating for 2 weeks, separated and then got back together for a week then it was over for quite a while and then we were on holiday together with my city teammates and things just kinda just clicked, we're not official yet but it's been over a month, we want to go slow" I saw their shocked faces and laughed. "I did not expect that" Jenna says laughing. We spoke for a while and they told me what the Scottish league was like, I explained what the wsl was like also.

***

We're waiting in the lobby for the bus to arrive and the feelings are quite chilled throughout the team. 

I got a message from Leah, good luck my love, score for me ;) I love you always xx I replied, thank you baby, I will. I Love you x

As I got onto the bus I sat next to Erin and we laughed the whole time on our way to Hamden park, it settled all my nerves a lot. When I stepped off the bus I heard girls screaming as we walked into the stadium.

***

I was waiting in the tunnel on the refs and I felt like I could throw up. The ref eventually blew her whistle and we started walking out, I heard the roar of the Scotland fans and it sent shivers down my spine, I knew we'd had a job to do.

As we sang the national anthem I felt goosebumps, this country is special. So special.

Kick off.

5' Martha hits the crossbar, assured by Bella smith

12' yellow card for Erin Cuthbert.

30' chance missed by Portugal.

Halftime.

I was feeling a throbbing pain in my ankle, I didn't tell the physio, I knew they'd take me off so I stole some painkillers. We got our team talk done before going back out. I took an energy tablet also and I was quite literally bouncing.

It's 10 mins into the second half and Erin had just got fouled on the edge of the box, we decided to take it quick as I ran round her, she slipped me in and I hit it with my right foot, it felt like I was waiting years to see the ball slowly hit the back of the net. I ran off in disbelief and pure joy, everyone was going mental, Erin jumped on my back and everyone started to join us.

67' chance missed by Portugal.

71' chance missed by Portugal.

79' yellow card for Lisa evans.

84'  Bella smith goes to the ground clutching her ankle.

My ankle was too sore to continue. If we got through I knew that if I kept playing on it I wouldn't get to play. I had done what I had to do, now the girls had to see it through without me. I explained to the physios and the motioned for a sub.