34.

"Its been a month of a long hard camp preparing for this game. We have come so far and I couldn't be proud, but we have one thing to do and that's get these 3 points and put smiles on the faces of the fans. Come on girls" captain Corsie said as we walked out of the changing room. Its Scotland vs Sweden. Our first game in the euros.

Kick off

We started slow, maybe it was the nerves I'm not too sure. We started to get sloppy around the 20 minute mark and I see Lisa get stuck in a 2v1, they got past her and it was just a simple cross into the box and stina was there to head it in. 1-0 Sweden.

We picked the tempo up a littl and managed to get to half time with the score still 1-0. We didn't create many chances so we couldn't equalise.

Second half.

We started quick, the ball was getting zipped around and our first chance came when Martha hit the post. We slowly got better as the game went on but after one counter attack by Sweden we were down 2-0, there was 10 minutes left to go. We managed to get a goal back as Erin slipped me in and I scored but it wasn't enough.

Sweden 2-1 Scotland.

I got pulled for a post match interview.

"Unlucky about the result today, but you showed some great character in the second half"

Yeah you know It was a frustrating game, our first half was not great but we improved massively in the second half but unfortunately it wasn't enough.

"Was it maybe the timing of Swedens second that threw you guys off?"

Yeah, I think it came at a horrible time but that's football, they're a good side and are a very experienced team in these competitions but we have positives to take from the second half. We can only accept it, learn from our mistakes and try to improve to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"That's your first goal in a major tournament, how does it feel?"

It's incredible, never would I have ever thought it would happen but yeah I'm happy to get my first and hopefully there's many more to come.

The interview ended and I went on my lap around the pitch, I saw a group of Scotland tops at the barrier near the dug out, I went over to sign a few things and take pictures before heading inside. The changing room wasn't its usual self, everyone done their own thing and put headphones in after Pedro had his talk.

I checked my phone and saw a message from Leah, head up love, you were so unlucky. Good goal though ;)

I smiled before replying, thanks baby, miss you❤️

***
England are already through to the next round after thrashing Norway 8-0, we play Switzerland tonight which we had to get points on the board to even have a slime chance of getting through.

When we walked out it felt like everything slotted into place perfectly, there was a lot of supporters and hearing the cheers made me shiver. During the national anthem I felt goosebumps more than ever before.

The first half was quite good, but the final third was just not providing enough. We went in 0-0 with it all to play for in the second half.

63' Erin picked up the ball from the edge of our box from their corner and started to run forward she had beat a few players and by that time I'd caught up to her, I was one of the faster players so she played a through ball to me down the right. I had a few yards on the defenders so I kept running goal-wards, when I noticed the goalkeeper of her line the ball was on my right foot and I decided to chip her, it felt like the ball took forever to land but when it did the stadium erupted. I knew slid into the corner before everyone started to pile on me. This is the moment I've wanted all my life.

The game was really tight the rest of the match, I got cramp in the 88th minute and Erin helped stretch me out. I knew there wasn't long left so I had to play on. We managed to get the ball at the corner and time-waste. The full time whistle went and we were over the moon with ourselves. I shook everyone's hand before noticing the little girl and her mum from the open training session, I got my spare shirt and headed to give her it. I spoke for a little while before taking pictures with other fans.

When I was walking into the tunnel, somebody caught my eye, they were looking really close and I saw cuthbert on the back of both tops. I realised it was Erin and another girl, I smiled to myself before walking in.

***
Back at the hotel everyone was buzzing, it was a great result. We done recovery before heading off the bed.

When I woke up I saw a msg from Leah, morning I love you xx I smiled before texting it back. I was scrolling through instagram and saw a post from Leah, nobody knew we were together again part form teammates so I didn't put anything flirty. Captain duties She liked the comment.

"Are you gonna stop smiling at your phone" I heard Erin say and I went red, "have you been watching me this whole time?" I said laughing. She nodded, "stalker" I said before getting up to get myself ready.

We were on the way down to breakfast before Sam and nic joined us, "you look happy this morning" nic saud to me, I nodded "sure am" I replied before grabbing a plate of food.

We done more recovery that day and a light session to get the legs moving again, our final group game was in 4 days and we have to get something from it to have a chance to get through.

***
'Your gonna smash it baby, no matter the result everyone's so proud of you. Especially your dad'

She really is the best human in the world.

'Thank you, I love you so much'

'I love you more. Remember it's not gonna be your last tournament that's for sure'

'Hopefully not. Okay I've got to go I've got training'

'Bye baby'

'Bye lee'

The week had went very quick, our game was tomorrow. "We're gonna be late" Erin said coming out of the bathroom, "It's you I was waiting on" I said rolling my eyes, "yeah right you and your lover were all wrapped up" she said smirking I laughed. I knew she was right.

Training was good as always but their was an issue with Lisa, she hurt her Achilles' tendon and she's at risk for tomorrow. I felt so bad, its the same injury that keeps coming back.

I grabbed a plate of pasta before sitting down beside Sam. We spoke a little bit out both our youth careers. I asked a lot about her life in Scotland and it made me feel at home in a way, it was a weird feeling but it just felt right. I also made a TikTok with Jen, I mean she is the TikTok queen so I couldn't say no. "You should make a TikTok" she said making me laugh, "I don't know bout that" I replied. "I'll make it for you" with that she took my phone out of my hands and helped her self, I didn't mind to be honest, I'd always had the idea of when I wanted to tell the world I was 'mylilworld' I'd do a video or something on TikTok. I was also gonna release another song tonight so when I went up to my room I waited on Erin.

I needed Erin to pick what song I should release because I was struggling. She eventually got back and collapsed onto her bed I giggled to myself. "I'm gonna drop another song" I said making her shoot up. "Oh my god really, what one?" She asked very excited, "I'm not sure I need you to pick" I said turning my laptop around, "oh this is so exciting" she said rushing over to my bed, she sat beside me and started to scroll through the songs. We sat and listened to them one by one and I was singing them and Erin started to sing them as well. We joked about for a while and then eventually she started to play one song on repeat, I knew this was the one.

I named it always and forever. I started to release it on every platform and I felt so relaxed. Erin gave me a hug, "I'm so proud of you" she said making me smile, "thank you" I said before logging off the laptop. I placed it to the side and felt myself start to drift off.

(Real song: Always and forever by cults)

——————