9.

"Here we go again Alex. Bella gets a well earnt start against rival West Ham, do you think this will boost her confidence?" The commentary spoke.

"Oh definitely, I mean personally if I were Jonas I would be over the moon to have a player like her in the squad. She always puts in a great performance which earns a start the following game. I'm sure an England call up is just around the corner for her" Alex said

4th minute, goal from Bella smith (assist meidema)

16th minute, penalty to arsenal. Bella smith is too quick for the defender which causes a late foul. Meidema takes and it's 2-0.

17th minute, goal meidema. Bella smith passes the ball over to meidema, so unselfish of her.

37th minute, goal for West Ham

Half time: 3-1 arsenal.

Half time sun: Bella smith off, Stina on.

Full time: 3-1 arsenal, goals from Bella smith and meidema x2

I'm furious right now. I played so well in the first half I didn't deserve to be taken off, I know stone needed minutes but god at least give me 60.

Everyone is cheering because that game put us 3 points ahead of Chelsea and 7 ahead of city. I'm in the changing room ready to leave, I was changed at half time so I didn't need to waste time after the game getting ready. Jonas came in and done a talk which only made me angrier to be honest. Lisa announced a 'party at hers' because we have a day off tomorrow. I wasn't in the mood at all so I just said I'm busy. I also didn't want to see Leah, she hasn't spoken to me once today,  she never even congratulated my goal.

I ordered myself Nando's and started scrolling on instagram, I see a few football news feeds pop up. I also saw comments made by Alex Scott which made me feel a lot better within myself.

It's nearly 1 o'clock and I get an instagram dm:

Saka

You don't deserve to be treated like that, especially when you've proven to be such a key player for them. What a goal btw.

I'm speechless. What a nice guy, I can't believe he's just dm'd me. I start to type a reply and realise he posted the arsenal woman instagram post of my goal and put screamer 🔥

Thank you so much. It's hard but that's football i guess.

We start to dm back and forth for a while, I found out he didn't live far away from me when I was younger and he was at the rival school to mine. Small world. I check the time and it's nearly 2 o'clock so I call it a night before falling asleep with a smile on my face, a first in a while.

*a few days later*

"Bels" I hear a voice say as I walk out for training, only one person calls me that and it's Leah. "Don't call me that" I say a bit harsh, "oh sorry... Look I want to talk to you" she says which makes my eyes widen, "you want to? Or need to?" I reply. "Look I'm so sorry for everything I've done, it wasn't me and I swear it'll never happen again." Leah says which made me question if I overreacted, I mean we weren't dating and technically I had no right to be angry. But then again we were super close and we both new it, i mean we nearly slept together before it, that can't be forgotten. I was snapped out of my gaze by the team shouting on us both. I never replied to what Leah has said but right now training was more important.

For the first time leah was actually trying to talk to me throughout training, she hasn't spoke to me in a few days so I wonder what's changed her mind.