New York Is Our Place - Final Chapter

*****5 YEARS LATER*****

I had just released my last art class for the day, and I was cleaning up all the art supplies.

"Mommy!!" I heard a little voice yell as she came running in the room.

"Cami!" I said picking up my 3-year-old daughter and hugging her. I then noticed Chris leaning against the door frame.

"How much of a stir did you cause coming in the building Mr. Evans?" I asked walking over to him and he leaned in passionately kissing me.

"Everyone knows me, no panic. I mean this is my hometown and my high school." Chris said and I rolled my eyes.

"You ready to go? We have to get this little one to your mom and then get to the airport." Chris said and I sighed.

"Yep, all ready. You ready to go have fun with Grandma Andrea and Grandpa Drew?" I asked and Cami smiled and nodded.

After New York 5 years ago my mom and dad got together and worked through a lot of their problems and actually gave it another try and ended up remarried a year after New York. When Chris and I got married 3 years ago it wasn't planned to already be pregnant with Cami, but we didn't care, and I was only 2 months pregnant. We were so happy to finally have our tiny little family. We were heading back to New York for yet another movie premiere but this one meant so much to Chris. It was for Captain America: Winter Solider. Lisa was going to go with us, and we couldn't be happier. Once we took Cami to my moms who moved to Boston, we picked up our bags and headed to the airport.

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽

It was a couple nights later, and we were getting ready to walk the red carpet and Lisa looked at me and smiled and I smiled back at her with a wink

It was a couple nights later, and we were getting ready to walk the red carpet and Lisa looked at me and smiled and I smiled back at her with a wink. Lisa got out and before Chris could get out, I pulled him to me and passionately kissed him.

"I love you and this is going to be fantastic." I said and Chris smiled. This is something I had gotten used to doing before we would get out of the car at any premiere, and it seemed to help calm him.

"I love you." Chris said.

"Hey, we are in our city, you own this premiere." I said and he laughed but nodded. We got out of the car and headed down the red carpet. We took some pictures with Lisa and then people wanted some of just Chris and I, I smiled up at him. I pulled him down to where I could whisper in his ear.

"I've got a secret..." I said and Chris looked at me oddly.

"Oh really...?" Chris asked and I nodded. He turned so I could whisper it in his ear.

"I'm pregnant." I said and he pulled away from me and looked shocked.

"You're...-?" Chris asked and I nodded with a smile. He pulled me into a passionate kiss and camera flashes went crazy. When we broke apart, he placed his hand on my stomach and felt the little bump.

"I've been hiding it from you for weeks. The bump showed up very fast." I said and Chris laughed. He pulled me into a hug. "Are you happy?" I asked.

"Over the moon!" Chris exclaimed. We moved on from the pictures to do an interview and the interviewer saw the interaction.

"So, I have to ask with what I just saw, do you two have an announcement?" She asked and I smiled at Chris, and he nodded at me.

"I'm pregnant. We're having another baby!" I said and Chris kissed the side of my head.

"Chris had no idea?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I figured a surprise would be fun and I knew our daughter Cami couldn't keep the secret so her telling him was out." I said and Chris laughed.

"Well congratulations you two! Another baby Evans is on its way." The interviewer said. She went on asking Chris about the movie, but he held my hand the whole time not wanting me to leave him. Chris finished all the interviews and pictures, so we headed inside. Chris pulled me off to the side and pulled me close to him.

"A baby..." Chris said and was smiling.

"Sorry I did it here." I said and he shook his head.

"This was the best place. Nowhere else better." Chris said and I smiled as he leaned in and gave me a small kiss.

"I thought about dragging you to Chinatown, but the smells would have possibly killed me." I said and Chris laughed.

"Nope, this was the perfect place." Chris said.

*****2 YEARS LATER*****

Chris was away doing press for Captain America: Civil War and I couldn't go with him since both kids were sick with a stomach bug. He was in New York without me, and it didn't seem right. I finally got Cami and Milo to sleep, and I was exhausted. I climbed into bed and quickly fell asleep. I wasn't sure what time it was or anything when I felt the bed dip behind me, and I turned around to see Chris getting into bed.

"Hey, you're home! You weren't supposed to be here until tomorrow." I said and he pulled me into a passionate kiss.

"I couldn't be in New York without you, so I did the press, walked the carpet and left the premiere to come home to you. New York is our place and being there without you felt like I was committing a crime." Chris said and I laughed.

"I love you so much." I said as I placed my head on his chest getting comfortable in bed.

"I love you even more Vinny." Chris said kissing this top of my head.

"Oh, whichever kid gets up for any reason, you are getting up, I'm tired." I said closing my eyes and he huffed a laugh.

"Maybe I should have stayed in New York." Chris said and we laughed as I smacked his chest, and he gripped me tighter. "Don't worry Vinny, I got you covered." Chris said and he heard my steady breathing knowing I was fast asleep.

He sighed smiling while looking at the ceiling knowing how this all started and what it could have meant if he didn't show up in Times Square 10 years later from meeting the only girl he ever loved. He realized from the moment he met her that as long as he had her by his side, we would never need anything else in his life.