Want To Be My Buddy?

The next morning I woke up in the hotel room and Aubrey was already awake and getting ready.

"Come on sleepy head! It's breakfast time and you have a date!" Aubrey said and I groaned.

"It's not a date." I said and got up. I took a quick shower and then got dressed into some jeans and a plan red v-neck t-shirt. I took extra time on my make-up and hair. I knew this wasn't a date and I knew it was stupid but I just thought just maybe...once I came out of the bathroom Aubrey was smiling at me.

"Not a date huh?" Aubrey said.

"Shut up, let's go eat." I said as we headed down to the main floor where the breakfast was. We checked in with the chaperone and let them know we were there. I looked around and I saw Chris sitting at a table with his friends and Marty.

"See, group." I said and she sighed as we got out breakfast. Once we got to the table and I sat down Aubrey, Marty, Mark and Danny all got up and walked away to another table and I looked at Chris.

"You plan that?" I asked and he shook his head as he chuckled.

"You did." Chris said and I shook my head.

"I would never!" I said and we both laughed.

"So they planned this?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"They did. I know my friends have a crazy notion-..." I started to say.

"That we should spend the 5 days together as much as we can and have a 5-day romance?" Chris asked and I looked at him in shock. "Yeah Danny and Mark have very overactive imaginations." Chris said and I laughed.

"As does Aubrey. Her, Marty and I have been friends since we were kids. Well Junior year they finally realized they had feelings for each other so now she is trying to find me happiness." I said and Chris laughed.

"Are you not happy Vinny?" Chris asked with a smiled as he ate his pancake.

"Hey, I'm a senior in high school, got accepted to my number one pick of college and I'll be graduating with honors, how can I not be happy?" I asked and Chris shook his head.

"Not what I mean Vinny. Relationship wise, are you happy?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Chris, I...ugh...last guy I dated was captain of the basketball team and dumped me for the head cheerleader. Well didn't actually dump me I found them making out in the backseat of his car..." I said.

"Oh Vinny...did you kill him?" Chris asked and I laughed with he smiled.

"No, I punched him in the jaw and then in the junk." I said and Chris smiled and high fived me.

"That a girl!" Chris said and we laughed. We ate for a minute and then we saw the chaperones stand in front of the room.

"Can we have everyone's attention please." My Chaperone Mrs. Dean yelled and I rolled my eyes at Chris and he tried to hide his laugh.

"Behave..." Chris said and I shook my head slightly. We then saw a man standing with Mrs. Dean and Chris sighed.

"Thats our main Chaperone." Chris said and I nodded.

"This is Mr. Drega, he is from Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School in Boston Massachusetts. They are also on their senior trip this week and we got to talking over breakfast. We are hitting all the same spots on the same days and times." Mrs. Dean said.

"So we decided it would be a great social experiment if you would buddy up with someone from the opposite school and hang out with them on the trip. Now we know, you have your main groups, you all can stay in those as well just with people from the opposite school as well." Mr. Drega said.

"So take this time to find a buddy and get to know them." Mrs. Dean said and we all nodded. I looked at Chris and he smiled.

"What do you say? Want to be my buddy?" Chris asked and I laughed hysterically.

"I would love to." I said through laughter and he laughed as well.

🗽🗽🗽🗽🗽

Once breakfast was done we met up with everyone outside the buses and I pulled Aubrey off to the side.

"Smooth." I said and she smiled.

"Listen, we wanted you two alone. There could be something there." Aubrey said and I groaned.

"Listen, I think we should all stay as a group but Chris will be my buddy from Boston." I said and she smiled.

"That was the plan already anyways." Aubrey said as we walked back over and joined the group.

"Everything okay?" Marty asked and I just slightly shook my head at his smirk.

"We know what you all did this morning. You were slick." Chris said and I smiled.

"Well you got your buddy out of it." Mark said and we laughed.

"Everyone have your buddy?!" Mr. Drega called out amongst all the students. Chris took my hand.

"I got mine." He said smiling at me and I smiled back loving how comfortable his hand felt in mine.