After High School Plans

It was Central Park day, I was so excited for this because I knew we had carriage rides planned. We all gathered by the waiting carriages. I noticed Danny, Mark, Marty and Aubrey were whispering in front of Chris and I.

"You want to ask them or should I?" I asked and Chris shook his head.

"Let them have their fun." Chris said and I smiled with a small nod.

"Okay next carriage." Mr. Drega said. Marty, Aubrey, Mark and Danny got on it. Chris and I just looked at them since it got full.

"Sorry." Aubrey said as they pulled away.

"That was the plan." I said and Chris nodded and I chuckled. The next carriage pulled up. Mr. Drega and Mrs. Dean looked at us.

"You two are the last two so you go alone." Mr. Drega said and we nodded. Chris got on the carriage then extended his hand to help me up. Took it and helped me get in the carriage and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled. Before we pulled away Mrs. Dean took a picture of Chris and I together. She had done this with every carriage and I laughed as we pulled away.

"So I don't think we ever told each other our last names." I said and Chris shook his head with a smile.

"Evans."

"Baxter." I said and Chris smiled. As we rode through the park I noticed Chris still had ahold of my hand from when he helped me up into the carriage. I needed to think of a conversation to have with this guy, this could fizzle out already.

"So...okay I'm trying to get any conversation in my head to talk to you about it's blank." I said and Chris laughed.

"Okay, let me start. Your family, are you all close?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"Well it's just me and my mom. My dad, well...let's just say...he went to get milk and didn't come back." I said and Chris groaned.

"Oh Vinny..." Chris said and I shook my head.

"I was only like a year. I don't remember him so it's really just been me and my mom forever. My grandparents were around and helped. But mostly mom and me. She did everything she could for me." I said and Chris smiled. "What about you?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"Well one of the main reasons for this trip for me is that my parents are in the middle of a divorce." Chris said.

"Chris, I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head.

"It's okay honestly. I mean it's been coming, they were just great together until they weren't." Chris said and I nodded.

"Any siblings?" I asked and he chuckled.

"An older sister, then a younger brother and sister." Chris said and I huffed a laugh.

"Wow, a whole bunch of you." I said and he laughed.

"Yeah but we are all super close. It's going to be hard when I graduate." Chris said and I looked at him.

"Why's that?" I asked and Chris sighed.

"Okay so you are going to think I'm insane." Chris said and I shook my head and held up my right hand.

"Scout's honor I will not call you insane." I said and Chris smiled.

"After I graduate I'm going out to LA to try my hand at acting." Chris said and I just looked at him trying to think of something to say... "Call me insane..." Chris added and I laughed.

"I wouldn't say insane per say....maybe just crazy..." I said and we laughed.

"It's the same thing!" Chris said and I shook my head.

"No, it's not. Totally different." I said and Chris laughed. "In all honesty though, it's brave. I could never be that brave." I said and Chris looked at me.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"Okay can I confide something in you that I haven't even told Aubrey or Marty...even my mom?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"Of course." Chris said.

"I was accepted to Stanford. I was all set to tell my mom and go. Then the letter from Ohio State came in which she saw and she was so excited I was going to be close to home, only about 2 hours away that she wanted me to go to Ohio State. So I accepted OSU no questions asked because she had done so much for me and I didn't want to disappoint her." I said and Chris sighed. I felt him rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

"So you passed up Stanford one of the hardest school to get accepted to, to go to Ohio State?" Chris asked.

"Hey! Ohio State is a great school." I said annoyed and Chris sighed as the carriage stopped. We thanked our driver and got out. Chris helped me out as we started walking down the street going to check out some of the stores.

"I never said it wasn't a good school Vinny. I just think you should go where you want to go." Chris said.

"And I want to go to Ohio State." I said and Chris sighed.

"Okay fine, you want to go to Ohio State." Chris said and I groaned.

"Sorry." I said after a few minutes. "I shouldn't have snapped." I said and he smiled at me. He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it.

"Hey, you are perfectly fine. You're passionate about what you want. Just make me a promise." Chris said and I looked at him.

"I don't really know you enough to make you a promise Chris." I said and he chuckles.

"Vinny..." Chris said. There was something about the way he said my name that would make me do whatever he asked.

"Okay Chris, what?" I asked.

"Just really think about your options. I know you want OSU and I don't want you to just settle." Chris said and I nodded.

"I will think about it." I said and Chris smiled as we stopped when we saw our huge group.

"Hey! We were looking for you guys!" Danny said and we smiled.

"Yeah sorry we just started walking. Where were you guys wanted to go?" I asked and Aubrey smiled at us.

"Tiffany's!" Aubrey said grabbing my hand and pulled me from Chris's hand and went running. They guys groaned but followed.