HUEY X ALARA

HUEY'S POV

DAYS TURNED TO WEEKS AND WEEKS TURNED TO MONTHS.

I took over Alara's position in the company. She wanted me to do it anyway so kinuha ko na. I wanted to prove to her that I can do better.. that I will be better. That's what I promised, and so I did..

Been working non-stop everyday. Kailangan ko habulin ang mga naiwan na trabaho ni Alara for the past few months. Some works have already been done but the rest, ako na ang gumawa.

Wake up, eat, work, sleep ang tanging nagawa ko for months. It felt like an endless cycle, more of a routine already for me.

I was video calling Zayden when I heard a sudden commotion from their end on the call.

"Oh? What's wrong?" Nagaalala kong tanong.

Nilingon ni Zayden ang gilid niya. "It's mom.. again."

"Why? What happened?" I am really worried now.

"She has been throwing up these past few days.." with his eyes still glued to the side.

"Why?" my hands constantly fidgeting on my desk. "You should get checked, Alara." I said. I know she can hear me.

"She's okay now, Dad.." tumawa pa si Zayden. "I think her stomach is just upset. She doesn't like foreign food."

"But it's been days!" I exclaimed. "There must be something wrong.." i frowned.

"I'm fine, Hue!" Sumigaw si Alara from nowhere. "I think pagod lang ako." She now popped up from Zayden's back.

She looked pale. Probably from vomiting.

"You don't look good." Mariin kong sabi. "Don't make me come there and drag you to the hospital." Pagbabanta ko.

"Okay! Fine!" natatawang pagsuko niya. "Zayden, go do your homework now.."

"But I'm talking to Daddy.." pag protesta niya.

"Do your homework, I'll talk to your Dad." She smiled.

"Fine." Zayden rolled his eyes and stood up immediately.

"Good boy." ginulo ni Alara ang buhok niya habang naglalakad paalis.

She watched him leave and waited for his door to close.

Umupo siya sa high chair from their kitchen counter and looked at the screen.

I waited for a few seconds for her to speak.

Then, she laughed. Umiling iling pa siya sa di ko malamang dahilan.

"What?" I became nervous.

"I went to the doctor actually the other day." Sumeryoso na ngayon ang mukha niya.

"And??" I asked curiously, kinakabahan. "Are you sick? Ano daw? It's probably you are working too much, Alara! I told you not to over work yourself there! Kaya ko naman kayo buhayin kahit malayo kayo. Hindi mo kailangan magtrabaho you can just relax and take care of Zayden—."

"Oh shut up, Hue." Tumawa siya. "I'm pregnant." She rolled her eyes.

My jaw dropped, nanlaki ang mata ko sa gulat.

"Wow ha? Gulat na gulat?" tumawa siya muli.

"W-what?" nararamdaman ko ang pagkabara ng lalamunan ko.

"Hay nako, I won't repeat it again. I'm tired." She said jokingly.

"T-talaga ba? Y-you're pregnant?" di parin ako makapaniwala.