37. Always there

Virat and team had just returned from an amazing England tour. The wishes and praises for Virat were unstoppable to say the least. Everyone was praising him for his redemptive performance in that tour.

Team had gathered for the next T20 series. Everyone was excited for that. Most excited was Virat as he get to meet Mahi bhai.

"Ro, kab ayenge bhai?" Virat nudged Rohit who was apparently taking a nap in the room as they were waiting for Mahi bhai.

Rohit stirred irritatedly, said, "Vi we have come 1 hour before, thanks to you! And it's been just 15 mins, wait for 45 mins more.. and don't disturb my nap", he yawned and went back to sleep resting his head on Virat's shoulder.

"Lazy panda!" Virat mumbled and Rohit just slept more comfortably holding his arm.

Virat tried calling Mahi bhai again but it was not reaching.. "kaha reh gaye bhai?" he said to himself and slept himself waiting for him.

Mahi arrived at night and went to his room seeing it already open and his two kiddos sleeping there.. that brought a smile on his face.

He got freshen up and sat beside them. He caressed Virat's hair which caused him to wake up.

"Kitni der laga di" said Virat as soon as he opened his eyes and cuddled to him.

Mahi chuckled at his complaint, no 'hi'.. 'hello Mahi bhai' .. direct complain.

"Dinner kiya?" Mahi asked softly to which Virat nodded in no against his chest.

"Get up then, wake Ro up till I order dinner.." Mahi said but Virat did not leave him.

"Bacha, bhuk nahi lagi hai? Have dinner post that we will sit together! Okay, I am not going anywhere.." Mahi said caressing his hair.

Virat got up reluctantly. He woke up Ro by shaking the life out of him. Mahi ordered dinner for all of them. Rohit had left to his room taking his dinner as Ritika called him.

Mahi saw Virat silently playing with his food, not having it and lost in thoughts.

Mahi took the plate from him which gained his attention.

"food is not for playing cheeku, have it", Mahi said and forwarded him a bite.

Virat had it but didn't say anything still.

"If u want to be fed by me, toh u would have said it na!", teased Mahi trying to cheer him.

"Cheeku, kya baat hai Bacha? What's troubling you?" Mahi asked once they finished dinner.

"Bhai do u think I just.. I mean-" , fumbled Virat on his words.

"Cheeku u know na, u can share anything with me, I will never judge you!" Mahi encouraged him seeing him fumbling.

Virat kept his head in his lap.

"Bhai do u think that I am self-centered?", asked Virat in a low voice.

Mahi was a bit surprised by the question.

"What makes u think that? How u came to this thought?", asked Mahi stroking his hair.

"Aap batao na, do u think that?"

"Don't u know the answer to that Cheeku? I don't think that! U are most selfless person I have met!"

"U are just saying because u love me", said Virat with a pout.

"Acha ji, who said I love you" teased Mahi.

"Bhaiiii", whined Virat.

Mahi again tried softly, saying "what happened kiddo? Did someone said something?"