7.Debut Match

Virat got up first as he was excited and nervous for the first match of his career. He just hoped everything goes well. He got freshen up and saw Rohit was still sleeping.

'Rohit get up, we will get late' said Virat shaking him out of his sleep.

'Vi yaar sone de abhi time hai'

'Rohit uth ja na it's my first match'

'Ha aur 5 min please'

'Rohit get up, u slept so early yesterday. How are u so sleepy now ?'

Virat tried again but Rohit didn't budge a bit. First time Virat saw that how much Rohit could sleep.
He didn't know what to do.

He paced around the room to think what he can do. He thought of one idea but was little scared knowing Rohit's reaction.

He took a glass of water and sprinkled it on his face. He did it 2-3 times then finally Rohit woke up.

'What are u doing Vi?' he asked a little irritated.

'Wo u were not getting up and we have to board the bus in half hour. I am trying from so much time but u were not budging a bit. So I thought .. I am sorry but I could not think of any other way' ranted Virat nervously.

'Vi calm down I am not angry, next time if I don't get up na then u can pour whole glass ok. You have no idea how hard it is to wake me up.'

'Now go and get freshen up.'

Rohit freshened up and they went into the bus. Virat was extremely nervous. Rohit just held his hand and assured him.

It was a one day match. MS won the toss and they were batting first.

'Ready ?' Mahi asked Virat who was tapping his leg nervously in the dugout.

'I don't know Mahi bhai' said Virat little nervous.

'Kiddo remember that u have worked very hard for this day. But don't get scared just go and express urself. Trust ur abilities. U will be the best'

'Thanks Bhai' said Virat with utmost respect.

'Now Go and mark ur entry in international cricket Virat' said Mahi.

Rohit hugged him tightly wishing him the best. Virat took a deep breath and entered the field. He touched the ground and took the blessings.

Virat started off slow. Then it was no stopping for him. He hit the ball around the park. But there was issue with the short ball, everyone could see it.

Rohit was sitting and praying that he should not get hurt. The team was cheering so loudly that Virat was beyond happy to hear that.
He scored an amazing 80 runs on his first match.

Everyone patted his back and Rohit along with Mahi bhai gave him a hug.

Now they had to defend 300 runs. They took some early wickets. On the next hall there was catch to be taken and Rohit was underneath it.

He took the catch but lost his balance and landed on his head. It was really a difficult catch. Virat rushed to him.

'Rohit, Ro u okay ?' Asked A worried Virat.

'Give me a sec' said Rohit getting up but he was feeling a bit dizzy. Virat supported him. He went off the field leaving worried Virat out there.

They won the match after that as it was an important wicket.

Virat immediately rushed to Rohit who laying on the table.
'U are okay na' asked Virat with tears in his eyes. Because he was very scared. Rohit was the only person who was understanding him and so close to him. To see him like that it scared him.