4. Roommates

Virat and Rohit had breakfast together. Virat was really happy as it was the amazing meal he had with a friend after such a long time.

Mahi came to them as they were about to leave the dining room. When he reached there Rohit was having a smile on his face looking at Virat.

"Kya hua why are u smiling like that" asked Virat questioning him.

"You have got a moustache of the milkshake on your lips." Said Rohit. He moved forward and wiped it with his sleeve like a big brother would do.

"Maine bola tha that I don't want to drink it" said Virat pouting.

"Vi it was important for health ok" said Rohit sternly.

Mahi was watching all this amusingly. He found it absolutely adorable.

They both turned and found Mahi standing there.
Mahi asked softly - "Had your breakfast properly?"

Rohit - "yes bhai .. I actually made sure that"
He said this looking at Virat

Mahi - "Virat I have been meaning to apologise to u personally"
Said Mahi with a little guilt in his voice

"Why Mahi bhai?" Asked Virat not knowing what was the reason that captain for saying like this.

"Rohit told me how we forgot to call u for dinner but believe it was a genuine mistake .. it was not at all intentional. So please don't get any feeling like that. I personally welcome u to this team" said Mahi sincerely.

"Thanks Mahi bhai" said Virat with utmost respect.

Manager called Virat for some work. And Rohit with Mahi bhai were moving towards their room when Rohit also followed him in the room.

"Mahi bhai I want to ask u something" said Rohit eagerly

"Yes Rohit" said Mahi

Jammy bhai was also listening now.

"Bhai can u plz shift my room to Virat's plz" said Rohit requesting him to change his room.

"Why Rohit ? Do u have any problem with Bhajji" Asked Mahi wanting to know the reason behind that

"You can tell us if u are facing some problem Rohit" said Jammy bhai supporting Mahi.

"Nahi bhai .. actually I was thinking he may b feeling a little left out u know as he is new. So if u allow me can I shift in his room plz" said Rohit really wanting to shift with Virat as he was enjoying his company

Mahi and Jammy bhai smiled at that. Mahi could sense start of a very long friendship between them.

"Please na Mahi bhai aap itna kya soch rahe ho" asked Rohit impatiently.Mahi looked at Jammy bhai who nodded his head.

"Acha baba thik hai .. shift ho ja waha" said Mahi chuckling at his impatience. Rohit excitedly hugged him and went to his room to pack his stuff.

Rohit entered Virat's room which was now his too. He saw Virat was not there. He unpacked his stuff and arranged it.

Virat entered in his room and found Rohit there. He was surprised by his presence in his room.

"Kya hua Rohit ? Kuch kaam tha kya" asked Virat.

"Kaam rahega toh Hi I will come kya" said Rohit being offended

"Nahi mai aise hi puch raha tha" said Virat.

"Waise manager Kya bol raha tha" asked Rohit seeing him gone for so long

"Nothing usual formality and he was asking if I got a rommate yet" said Virat

"That toh problem solved abhi" ssaid Rohit

"What do u mean !" Asked Virat confused

"Arey I am ur roommate now ! I asked Mahi bhai and he agreed. So now I am going to stay with u" stated Rohit happily.

"Really ?" Asked Virat still unsure.

"Yes don't u want me to be your roommate" asked Rohit seeing him unsure

"No Rohit its great actually .. I was anyway bored alone" said Virat. "I am just tired of being alone" whispered Virat.

"Huh ! What did u say!" Asked Rohit did not listened clearly.

"Nothing" said Virat.

They had a good gym session and dinner. Everyone retired for bed as they were having an early morning practice session.

Rohit and Virat were sitting beside each other and talking where Rohit was telling him how he should eat more.

Suddenly there was a power cut due to which whole room was dark.

Rohit got up from the bed and Virat instantly felt his absence. This was one of his fears - darkness. He just couldn't cope with it. No one was there with him to help him.

Virat just curled himself hiding from this darkness. He just tried to curl himself as much as he could.

"Vi don't worry okay generator Abhi start ho jayega" said Rohit in concern but he didn't know the state of Virat.

Virat was mumbling - "Please don't lock me in the room. Please don't do it .. it's all dark .."

Just then generator was on. Rohit turned and saw Virat in that state.

He rushed to him and kept his hand on his shoulder but Virat flinched at that touch.

"Please Mujhe mat band karo .. please don't lock me in that room. It is all dark .. plz"

Rohit didn't know what to do. He just hugged him closer to himself and said - "No one is going to do that Vi .. please calm down .. mai hu na yaha .. Aisa kuch nahi hone dunga"

Virat was struggling in his hold but Rohit kept hugging him tightly and rubbing his back to calm him down.

"Shhh .. calm down Vi .. dekh bacha koi nahi hai yaha .. no one will lock you I am with u na .. I will protect u .. don't worry okay .. ur brother is here" said Rohit patting his head.

Virat just slept as Rohit was patting his head continuously. He just snuggled more and held Rohit's shirt tight in his fist as if he will vanish.

Rohit wondered about his fear of darkness. He understood that it was a phobia which was caused due to some incident.

He just promised himself to take care of him and protect him as a big brother.

----------
Done !

Vote and comment the feedback !

Don't know how it turned out !

Do drop ur suggestions if any !