34. Family banter

Caller- HOW DARE YOU? MR. VIRAT KOHLI! Are u crazy ? U idiot Kohli ? What do u think of urself? Are u a superman ? Or some avenger?
I am not talking to you!

Rohit and Mahi suppressed their giggle hearing that voice . Virat was sending them pleading looks to help him.

Vi- Riti..

Rits- Dont you Riti me! I am not going to fall for that pleading eye look of yours! What the hell were you thinking u stupid person!
She said worried for him and equally annoyed at him.

Vi- Sun toh sahi..
He tried again.

Rits- Ek percent ki akal nhi hai, kuch ho jaata toh! What would have happen if it got worse..

Vi- Sorry na!

Rits- Where is Rohit? Where was he? Wasn't he with you? He went from here telling me that he will not let u play and now..

Virat handed phone to Rohit.. which Rohit took hesitantly. Virat rested his head on Rohit's shoulder.

Ro- Ritsy..
He tried.

Rits- Ro, dont u have any brain to stop him from playing?

Ro- Your brother doesnt listen to me, what do I do? It's your mistake that u have made him so stubborn!
He directly put it on her.

Rits- Change ur blame game according to convenience na!
She said.

Ro- Bhabhi, Nush why are you laughing, calm her down na!
He said trying to take their help.

Sakshi- Calm down Rits!
She kept her hand on Ritika's shoulder to calm her down.

Nush- Are u okay Vi?
She asked softly seeing him tiredly leaning on Rohit.

Vi- ya I am don't worry.

Sakshi- Ro where is Mahi?
She said in sweetest tone which made Mahi gulp in fear.

Rohit handed Mahi the phone and got settled comfortably with Virat. Virat just move closer to Rohit.. Rohit caressed his hand slowly to sooth the pain.

Sakshi- Mahi, what are you doing there ? Why couldn't you stop Cheeku ? He is a child! But you? Where were you?
She scolded Mahi to make Rohit and Virat giggle.

Vi- Bhabhi, Ritsy! I am okay, don't worry! Ro and Mahi bhai are here with me..
they took care of me! Dekho swelling bhi kam hui hai!
He said showing his hand.

Anushka- Dare you this again, u will have it from me Virat!
She said sternly this time.

Vi- Nushkie..

Anushka- And Bhabhi,Ritsy.. I know there is no fault of Bhai and Ro.. ur idiot devar is very stubborn!
She said siding with them.

Ritsy- Dont call our devar idiot, your Sharma bro is stupid!

Ro- But I tried to stop him.
He again pleaded but nothing worked.

Mahi- Yes we really tried..
He said seeing Sakshi's glare.

Sakshi- Tried? What do u mean by tried Mahi? He should not have gone in the first place!

Ritsy- Yes I agree!

Virat was smiling throughout to see his family, his brothers, his bhabhis and his partner caring for him.

Nush- Arey dont tell them anything, Virat can be very stubborn at times.

Ro- Guys, ssh!
He said after sometime seeing Virat not responding and saw him sleeping on his shoulder clutching his arm, with a tired smile on his face.

Rits- He must be so tired!
She whispered.

Mahi kept his injured hand on the pillow. With a mere touch Virat stirred in sleep due to pain. How did he manage to play with it was beyond their imagination.

Sakshi- Idiot boy!
She whispered.

Anushka- Ro he is okay na..
She asked in concern with moist eyes knowing that Virat will always say that 'Nuskie meri jaan dont worry!' ..

Ro- Yes Sharmaji, he will recover soon dont worry ok! I am there Na!

That statement made her smile! Ritika side hugged her and Sakshi too.

Listening to that the ladies hanged up the call. Mahi kept pillows behind Rohit and Virat's back because Virat was holding Rohit's arm tightly.

Ab came to check on him and saw Rohit and Virat sleeping peacefully while Mahi covering them with comforter. Mahi assured him that he was okay.

.
.
.
.
.

A/N- Assuming for this story that this match was before Rohit's bday.

29th April-

'Ughhh I hate IPL!' Virat groaned irritatedly.

Rah was shocked by his reaction so he asked .. 'Umm do u really, Virat?' He saw Virat pacing in the room cursing the phone.

'No not in a literal meaning, but a bit due to all this other players sticking to Ro' Virat mumbled the last part.

'Is BRo not picking your call?' Rah asked knowing that would be the reason.

'Umm ya!' Virat said having an embarrassing look on his face.

Rah saw how he was a little bit confused about it! 'Don't worry Virat, u don't have to be embarrassed in front of me!'

'What? U are just gonna tease me like others!' Virat said stating the obvious.

Before Rah could say anything, Virat's phone rang. Rah went outside the room to give him space.

Vi- kya yaar Riti, Itna time lagta hai phone pick karne mai! Mai kabse wait kar raha hu!
He whined as soon as he picked the call.

Rits- Vi..

Vi- Ek toh that panda is not answering my calls and u are too! You both got busy in the MI camp! I hate this IPL schedule man!
Kya hai yaar, how could u do this to me Ritsy!

Rits- Vi.. listen..

Vi- Rits we decided and u promised that u will keep that West Indies guy away from my Ro!
I am not talking to you! We were a team na!
Everyone is after my Ro..

Ritz- VIRAT! Finger on your lips now!

Virat kept it and sat there with a pout looking at which Ritika was finding it hard to stop chuckling. 'Such a kid he is!' She thought.

Rits- Now listen to me, Rohit and Polly - I mean pollard (she changed it seeing Virat's sulking face) has to go to mgmt meetings where I can't keep him away!
For the fact that your bestie is not picking ur call because he may have forgottten the phone somewhere and u have to ask him.
And we are a team!
Understand?

Virat just nodded at that cutely. Ritika chuckled at that.

Rits- Now come to the point! And tell me what u want to do ?
And u can remove ur finger now!
She said seeing him signalling that he has finger on his lips and can't speak.

Vi- Meko Ro ko sabse pehle wish karna hai, matlab may b after you but MI team ke pehle ..
kuch kar Ritsy! Please!
He said with a puppy face.

Ritsy got into thinking how will she manage that because she could not deny Virat's puppy face.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Next update...

Do tell me how u like it by dropping ur comments and reactions!

We got so many RohiRat moments yesterday ❤️😭! I am going to write that in 'Dressing Room' book in coming days!

Happy Reading!