13. One last time

The SriLanka series was over and they were returning back to India. They were in the flight.
Virat was sitting with Rohit while Rohit was sleeping.

Virat's POV -

I have to go to orphanage today. Now I cannot stay there. They have given me permission till this tour. I need to find a place to stay. But how will I find it today in Mumbai.

He was still thinking about the place when Mahi came upto him and woke up Rohit as they were about to reach.

They reached at the Airport. Mahi was going to take his flight for Ranchi the next day. He was going to crash at Yuvi's place.

Rohit handed over a chit to Virat - "Vi take this .. I have written my, Yuvi pa and Mahi bhai's number on it. Call us if u need anything okay"

Virat smiled and said - "Thanks Ro"

"Kal breakfast at my house. I have given u the address. And we will buy a new phone for u tomorrow"
Rohit said telling him the plans.

"All set for both of you. Taxi has arrived"
Mahi said to both of them.

"Yes ! Bhai aapki flight afternoon mai hai na .. so kal ka breakfast mere ghar pe plz .. Maine Vi ko bhi bola hai"
Rohit said inviting him too.

"If u tell your mom to prepare the Kanda-Poha for me .. then I can come"
Mahi said.

"Ofcourse Bhai"
Rohit said smilingly.

Virat was just thinking that today will be last time he will visit the orphanage.

"Cheeku what are you thinking ?"
Mahi asked him as he was lost in. Thoughts.

"Nothing .. I should go my taxi has arrived"
Virat said and hugged both of them saying bye.

"Vi kal ka bhulna nahi"
Rohit shouted from back.

Rohit, Mahi and Yuvi were going in taxi together.

"Waise Ro .. Virat where did he went ? Orphanage ?"
Mahi asked suddenly remembering where he could go.

"I think so Bhai. I didn't ask him. I am such an idiot"
Rohit said realising he never asked where he was going.

"You gave him our numbers na"
Yuvi asked seeing Rohit tensed.

"Ya I gave him but he has to still buy a phone"
Rohit said realising that he didn't have a phone.

Virat reached the orphanage. He went inside to meet the owner.

"Hello Sir" he said after meeting him.

"Hi Virat .. ur documents are ready. Here u have to sign them" the owner handed the docs.

"Umm can I stay for today night .. and then I can find a place tomorrow" Virat asked.

"I am sorry Virat .. u know the rule after 18 we can't allow and moreover ur place and bed has been assigned to other kid" the owner explained it to him.

"I understand" Virat said and signed his documents. He took his remaining stuff if anything imp was there.

"Thank you for everything" he said to the owner.

"All the best for ur future" the owner replied back.

Virat took a last glance at the orphanage where he spent his 17 years of life. He was 1 year old when his parents died .. and his relatives (who exist or he don't know) left him here.
The caretaker who passed away told him this story when he grew up.

Virat wandered to some hotels where he could stay the night but it was very heavily priced. As it was just his first tour he received his first match fees which he need to utilise carefully.

It was 1 am and he was really tired searching for the hotels.
He went in a park nearby and sat on the bench.

At Yuvi's house -

"Chal na yaar Mahi .. ek ice cream to hai. And we don't have our match for next two weeks"
Yuvi insisted for going to eat ice cream.

"No Yuvi its so late can u see .. and Abhi uncle anuty nahi hai toh kabhi bhi jayenge kya"
Mahi said for the nth time.

"Yaar Mahi kya hai .. chal na Don't be a spoil sport. U can ride my bike"
Yuvi said trying to convince him.

"I can ride the bike .. okay then"
Mahi said and they went for ice cream.

Yuvi was buying ice cream and he came near Mahi. He saw him looking at particular direction.

"Kya soch raha hai" he asked handing him the ice cream.

"Aise hi kisi orphanage mai Cheeku bada hua hoga. I can't imagine also that how he grew up in here or like this place" said Mahi looking at the orphanage.
(Little did he know that was Same orphanage where Virat grew up)

"I know Mahi it must be so hard for him." Yuvi said.

They walk a little bit to the nearby park where they had parked their bike.
Mahi saw a lone figure sitting on the bench with support of the bags.

"Mahi kya kar raha hai" Yuvi asked him seeing going towards the bench.

"Ek min ruk" Mahi said and went towards the bench. he didn't know why he was so curious to check on that person.

When he reached near that person he was shocked to see Virat, his Cheeku.

"Cheeku" Mahi patted his cheeks to wake him up. Virat was extremely tired by looking for the hotels and everything.

"Bhai" Virat said rubbing his eyes.

"What are u doing here Cheeku ? In the middle of the night" asked Mahi worriedly.

Virat didn't answer anything. He just looked down don't know how to say it.

"Cheeku !" Yuvi reached there.

"Cheeku answer me!" Said Mahi sternly to which Virat flinched a bit. This was the first time he saw Mahi shouting.

"Mahi shaant ho ja. Cheeku chal get up ! I will call Ro also .. let's go home" Yuvi said softly seeing him scared.

"I don't have any home" Virat mumbled.

"Get up Cheeku now!" Said Mahi and Virat stood up.

They hired a auto because Virat had his kit bag and everything. Yuvi called Rohit and told him to come to his house which was close only.
Because Yuvi knew Virat was most comfortable with Rohit.

---------------
Here is the next chapter !

Drop ur votes and comments and tell me how u like it !

Till then,
Happy Reading !