28. Talking it out

Virat opened his eyes to see Rohit sitting beside him. He tries to get up but was feeling weak.

Ro- Don't get up! No need to stress urself, u are not well!

Vi- Am I dreaming or you are really sitting beside me?
He asked with a weak voice.

Ro- I am really here!
He kept his hand on Virat's to assure him.

Ro- U have FEVER!
He exclaimed in worry.

Virat held his hand weakly. He just closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep due to weakness.

Rohit called Doctor as he saw Virat sleeping. Doctor gave him injection to which Rohit closed his eyes feeling bad as Virat didn't react a bit on that.

Doctor- Just make sure he has proper meals. He is very weak because of lack of proper food and sleep. Take care!

Rohit just sat beside him caressing his forehead. He felt so bad for not being there for Virat almost this whole week.

Ro- Kya halat kar li apni! pagal kahi ka..
U scared me so much Vi!
Seeing u unconscious made me feel so helpless.
I promise you this will never happen again, I promise!

Rohit kept placing cold strips on his forehead to reduce the fever. His eyes became moist seeing Virat so weak.

How could he make such big mistake? How could he ignore Virat like this?
That's the only thing going on his mind.

After 2-3 hours ..

Virat opens his eyes, feeling all fuzzy and his head was very heavy. He tried to get up but didn't have any energy in his body. He groaned frustratedly and irritated with pain.

Ro- Vi? U awake? Why are u trying to get up? U need rest, wait I will help you.

Rohit helped Virat to sit up with support of headboard. Rohit wiped sweat of his forehead.

Ro- How are u feeling now?

Vi- I dont know, head feels heavy, whole body is aching..

Ro- kuch kha le, then i will give u medicines which will help with bodyache.

Virat saw him ordering food, helping him like before. He missed it so much and was upset with Rohit for not giving him time whole week.

It was not like he wanted Rohit to be with him whole time but atleast they could have meals together and talk. But that also didn't happen.

Ro- Kya dekh raha hai? Kuch chahiye?

Vi just nodded in No and gave him silent treatment. He closed his eyes and rested his head.

Ro- Tu thik hai na? Kitna dara Diya tha tune..

Rohit held his hand which caused Virat to open his eyes. Virat looked at his concerned look and moist eyes.

Vi- Sorry for scaring you, didn't know how I passed out there.

Ro- No don't be sorry. Doctor was saying that u are not having meals properly? Why are you not taking care of urself? Kitni weakness huyi hai pata hai?

Virat didn't say anything, just looked down not wanting to hurt Rohit by any kind of statement.

Before Rohit could ask anything more food had arrived. He arranged it and made Virat sit properly.

Vi- I will eat it myself.

Ro- U are not able to sit urself and ur hands are bruised. So don't be stubborn.

Vi- Where is Mahi bhai?

Ro- In his room may be, why ?

Vi- And bhuvi ?

Ro- I don't know? Why are u enquiring so much ? Have this food.
He said and forwarded morsel of food.

Vi- Why are u here now? Don't have somewhere to go! Some shoot may b ..
I will have it myself after sometime. U should go, u are really busy!

He said all this with hurt in his voice with moist eyes.

Ro- Vi I ..

Vi- I never wanted to be dependent on anyone emotionally. But i made myself dependent on you and I felt like someone is there for me no matter what! But this week ..

Tears rolled down Rohit's eyes hearing that.

Ro- I am so so sorry Vi, I don't know how it happened. I didn't realise that I was not spending time with you. I got so busy .. but I never ignored you intentionally! I swear I would never do that. It was completely unintentional and I really don't know how it happened! I am very sorry Vi that I made u feel alone! No matter how much I apologise it is not gonna make up to the fact that I ignored you! Vi u are my best friend and my brother, I really really love you and I am really sorry! Whatever punishment u give I am ready to take it but pls talk to me! I just didn't realise how much I was hurting you! I hate myself for behaving like this but I swear maine kuch jan bhuj ke nahi kiya, I can never do that to you! Please believe me Vi! I am really sorry Vi! I promise you This will never happen again!

Saying this Rohit bursted into tears hiding his face into his palms sobbing hard on his actions which was not at all deliberate.

Virat felt bad for making Rohit feel like this. No matter what happened he hated when Rohit cried.

Vi- Ro please don't cry! Ro meri taraf dekh.. baat sun!

Rohit looked up removing his palms from his face.

Vi- I never wanted you to feel guilty because of any of this and I am not angry or upset with you! I just missed you a lot! It's you who is the closest to me! If u are not there I feel very alone!

Rohit hugged him tightly hearing that. They both were shedding tears. Rohit broke the hug and wiped his tears.

Ro- I am sorry again!

Vi- Wapis kabhi nahi karega na?

Ro- Kabhi nahi I promise!

Vi- Mummy promise?
Virat added cheekily.

Ro- What are u ? 5 ?

Vi grinned at that.

Ro- Abhi toh khayega na mere hath se?

Virat opened his mouth and Rohit made him eat his food. Once done with food Rohit handed him the medicines.

Vi- meko nhi khani hai dawai

Ro- Vi phir shuru ho gaye na nakhre tere, ek toh carelessness aur abhi yeh! Kha chup chap..

Virat pouted at that and had it with grumpy face hearing Rohit's stern voice. Virat saw how Rohit was not picking phone calls and kept his phone away from him.

Virat lay down in his lap while Rohit massaging his head and stroking his hair time to time.

Vi- Kiske calls avoid kar raha hai ? Ritika ke ?

Ro- Nahi toh! Loan ke calls hai random!

Vi- 1 week se baat nahi ki hai thik se mujh se aur Abhi u are lying to me again!

Rohit just didn't meet his eyes as he was caught lying again.

Vi- U love her na?

Rohit got shocked at that question.

Ro- Love .. I don't know, she is very nice friend! I like her company.

Vi- Because of her u ignored me?

Ro- No it's not like that.. I didn't mean to ignore u ... it's just that i didn't realise how much time I was spending with her unknowingly... Nahi mai .. if u are not comfortable with her presence I will not talk to her.
He said nervously.

Vi- Really? U can do that for me?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Here is the next chapter!

Will Virat deny Rohit to meet Ritika?

Do tell me how are u liking this updates and plot! Also drop suggestions and comments if any, will help me improve.

Happy Reading!