micheal (part two)

a hand with polished nails and silver rings pressed the doorbell of the puckerman household. the door swung open not much later, revealing a boy with a mohawk, wearing a grey hoodie. 

"florence" puck muttered, caught off guard by the girl standing before him. he took a step, motioning his hand towards the hallway, making it evident she could enter the house. 

florence shook her head. "no , thanks. i'm just here to talk" she said softly, crossing her arms.

"oh" puck sighed, disappointment audible in his voice as he crossed his arms as well, mirroring the girl's position. "what, uhm... what do you want to talk about?" puck nervously asked, brushing a hand over his short hair. 

florence took a deep breath "just to be clear, i still hate you for what you did to me, and i have every right to never talk to you again for it. but i can't do that. i need to forgive you before i can move on" 

"move on?" puck asked, genuinely not understanding what she meant by it. a few seconds later it dawned on him and a sad look entered his face. 

"i'm in love with sam, but before i can go off and date him, i need to forgive you, or at least have a decent break conversation up with you. otherwise i'll keep feeling guilty --and while i know i don't have to feel guilty, it's still bugging me"

puck cringed at the mention of sam, but he tried his hardest to not let it show. "okay, that makes sense. do you want to start?"  he asked, staring into florence's eyes.

florence couldn't help but chuckle at the way puck kept brushing a hand though the hair that was barely even there. "could you?" 

puck nodded as he leaned against the doorframe. "okay. i'm sorry i hurt you, i really am. i don't really know why i did it, and i can't stop beating myself up over it. i love you florence, i have for years. and if you'd even consider giving me a second chance- 

"third chance" florence interrupted.

"right, third chance. if you could consider giving me that, i promise you i'll be better this time. you and i are meant to be together, florence. you might not see it yet, but i do" 

florence was quiet for a few seconds "i appreciate your apology, but we both know that last part is a lie. if we were actually "meant to be" all of this wouldn't be happening" she replied, staring at the ground to avoid puck's gaze.

"as you might remember, i read a lot or romance books, and we are the perfect example of the trope "right person, wrong time", which might be sad, but it's the truth. maybe if you wouldn't have cheated on me twice, or maybe if sam would have stayed away, we could have turned out fine. maybe in another life time. but in this life time, sam is the one i should be with. he's my soulmate" 

"okay" puck simply said.

florence's head shot up. "okay? seriously? you're not going to try and hit on me?" she asked, eyeing the boy suspiciously. 

puck shook his head. "no. if you tell me sam truly makes you happy, i choose to believe you" 

florence raised an eyebrow "you sure? that's not very puck of you" 

puckerman chuckled "i'm sure"

the corners of florence's lips curled upwards. "thank you, i appreciate it. a lot. are you sure you're okay?" 

puck nodded. "i'll be okay. luckily i'm hot, i'll find someone new. i doubt i'll find someone better than you, but i'm sure i'll find someone" 

florence wrapped her arms around puck's shoulders, hugging him tightly. "thank you, noah" she smiled, feeling puck's strong arms hug her back. when they parted, florence planted a soft kiss on puck's cheek before turning around and stepping into her car.